Bundaberg Solera rum

smokum

Anyone tried this rum ? Son is graduating Uni this spring and I want to get him a bottle. Worked his butt off in Chemical Engineering.He made a visit to Aussie land last year to visit my daughter who studied at Deakin. They were driving around the country and he tried Bundaberg Solera....he is not a drinker but he loved this stuff. Why the heck can’t I import this stuff to the U.S. ? 

On 2/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, smokum said:

Anyone tried this rum ? Son is graduating Uni this spring and I want to get him a bottle. Worked his butt off in Chemical Engineering.He made a visit to Aussie land last year to visit my daughter who studied at Deakin. They were driving around the country and he tried Bundaberg Solera....he is not a drinker but he loved this stuff. Why the heck can’t I import this stuff to the U.S. ? 

have a feeling that won the best dark rum in the world rum comp a year or two ago.

one of the masters collection. not a large production - it may have even been a one-off. you could chase the bundy importers in the states to see if any went over but i think you'll struggle. doubt any left. 

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

have a feeling that won the best dark rum in the world rum comp a year or two ago.

one of the masters collection. not a large production - it may have even been a one-off. you could chase the bundy importers in the states to see if any went over but i think you'll struggle. doubt any left. 

I was under the impression that Bundy doesnt really export to the States. He was there last year. Must be good stuff !

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

You are correct.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/experts-just-declared-a-bundy-rum-the-best-in-the-world-2017-4