Weekend vid: Prieto

6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i recognise that woman!

she split red wine all over my chair.

still having fun. 

And she’s still talking about what a great host you are. Not to mention your great wine!

15 minutes ago, madandana said:

And she’s still talking about what a great host you are. Not to mention your great wine!

she wasn't scared just a little bit?   ;)

Ken, remember that lovely lass who visited from the US and collapsed upon seeing the spider webs hanging from the deck ceiling? How were you to know she had arachnophobia :rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

she wasn't scared just a little bit?   ;)

Ken, remember that lovely lass who visited from the US and collapsed upon seeing the spider webs hanging from the deck ceiling? How were you to know she had arachnophobia :rolleyes:

spiders are extremely beneficial to the environment. i keep them in check. and they do not bother me but help with all the various insects etc. rather a spider than a mossie. 

and like it is my fault she had some weird phobia. 

Love this!  ?  Thanks for posting this video.  This is what I think about, when I consider a Cuban cigar.  Personally, I have absolutely zero interest in the glam, pompous, HSA marketing machine, nor the Festival.  The Festival video practically opens with, "Enjoying a Habano is synonymous with elegance and exclusiveness."  ???  No.  No it's not.  Not for me.  Enjoying a Habano is about the earth that supports us, the sun that feeds us, and the labor of the masters on that beautiful island who make them happen.  I just love the stark contrast of this presentation to the loud, overproduced, blah blah, "oh gosh we're so exclusive and privileged and well to do", hubbub happening over at the Festival in Havana.  I have never been to Cuba, but I hope someday to find myself standing in a field of ripening tobacco plants, the sun on my face, the calm, a fresh rolled cigar wafting smoke around my head.  The Festival can have itself.  There I said my bit haha.  ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aphexafx said:

Love this!  ?  Thanks for posting this video.  This is what I think about, when I consider a Cuban cigar.  Personally, I have absolutely zero interest in the glam, pompous, HSA marketing machine, nor the Festival.  The Festival video practically opens with, "Enjoying a Habano is synonymous with elegance and exclusiveness."  ???  No.  No it's not.  Not for me.  Enjoying a Habano is about the earth that supports us, the sun that feeds us, and the labor of the masters on that beautiful island who make them happen.  I just love the stark contrast of this presentation to the loud, overproduced, blah blah, "oh gosh we're so exclusive and privileged and well to do", hubbub happening over at the Festival in Havana.  I have never been to Cuba, but I hope someday to find myself standing in a field of ripening tobacco plants, the sun on my face, the calm, a fresh rolled cigar wafting smoke around my head.  The Festival can have itself.  There I said my bit haha.  ?

Myself, I would like to visit the festival one day. I’m sure it offers some education, and it’s, well, a festival.

However, I can definitely appreciate your view. It’s just more down to ?; more real.  I can relate to that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aphexafx said:

Cannot agree more to your post - thanks.

After spending beautiful days at Hector's farm for many years I am still touched by the clip of the farm.

After having attended many Festivals I am tired of that blah blah circus.

If you can make it to Cuba, try and visit the Vuelta Abajo and its tobacco farmers - you will see that they are all passionate, dedicated people.

Do it before that too becomes a circus.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I heard different but Andy should be able to tell us when he is back next week.

Thanks, should have been more clear--I meant to say the second planting (after the first was a bust.) I know the first planting was a disaster and I'm inquiring as to the second planting. Weather there has been rain-free for the last 60 days.

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Thanks, should have been more clear--I meant to say the second planting (after the first was a bust.) I know the first planting was a disaster and I'm inquiring as to the second planting. Weather there has been rain-free for the last 60 days.

Looked pretty good to me

3A285FD2-3296-4168-9A73-87337F262D87.jpeg