Do you freeze cigars purchased from online vendors

freezing  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drinking starbucks coffee in Cuba instead of drinking the local cuban coffee is like going to cuba and smoking swisher sweets

Considering the power grid in Cuba is circa 1950's, I remain very skeptical that all mastercases are frozen adequately to ensure there are no beetle issues. Heard from someone that went there that the

No, only for cigars I buy in Cuba. I do however put any new boxes from elsewhere in a zip lock bag for 30 days and then inspect them again before putting them into my humidor without the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not freeze cigars from vendors outside of Cuba.  No harm in doing so though.   

I live in a hot climate so I do have temp controlled humis, but why?   I should probably just freeze everything and same on the electric bill!  

I have seen beetles at work in my climate. Not pretty.  It’s either/or, or both.  Not neither.  

Everything I got in Cuba, yes.  I only purchase CCs online from this site and have yet to freeze anything.  I keep them in a finished basement where the temp never gets above 67 degrees.  I never freeze NCs except the customs I get in Key West.  

No. Do not forget that the guarantee against the appearance of the beetle is also compliance with the storage conditions specified at the Habanos memo inside every box. Temperature of 16-18 degrees Celsius will not allow the eggs of the beetle comfort environment for growth.

Always, just makes it a lot more stress free. If the temp rises unexpectedly then no stress, if a cigar has been exposed to  compromised stock in a store then it's covered. 

I freeze to deal with any bug outbreak which leaves only mould as a potential problem, so I use big amount of beads to deal with humidity so that isn't an issue.

I want as much hassle free/stress free in life as possible! Those first few years in the hobby were stressful, constantly checking the humidor when there was a hot summer day etc. I don't want to go back to that.

No, have never frozen. I just make sure to keep mine at the ideal recommended temperature. Have never had a problem.  Anything nc and custom roll I keep in separate humidor for peace of mind. I have though received a box of RJ  Churchill tubos from a vendor, not our host, that 5 of the cigars had 1 or 2 beetle holes in them. Assume they made it past QC in Cuba, as there was no dust, active or dead beetles within the tube.

I freeze everything that goes into my humidors.  Box in the mail, check cigars, into FoodSaver sleeve, evacuate the air, seal, into the freezer for a week, onto the counter for 3 days, unseal, done.  It's so easy to do, why not?  My main humidor is temp regulated.  My overflow humidors are not.  I'm not paranoid about beetles, it's just part of the regimen.  ?

Make sure they're in a sealed environment and remove the excess air.  There's no need to gradually unfreeze boxes in the fridge.  Cigars are tough.

I freeze everything,  have had a couple issues both nc and some monte 2's  about 4 months ago from foh that I threw in the humidor because I was heading out of town. Its a minor inconvience considering the alternative.

now dys I just buy from FOH.  Unless I'm in Europe or Japan and pick up some smokes there I find no reason to freeze

any cigars.  So nope, never ever.  But I will go to Kuba soon (two hours) from states as the 767 / 737 flies.  Right now would

like to see more creature comforts in country.  The use of credit / debit cards are a must for me.  I don't like walking around

with wads of money on my being.