Bluetooth/Wireless Hygrometer

My biggest issue with the Bovedas is that two of them are losing connectivity after a few days.  Only way to restore them is to pull the battery and re-insert.  It's becoming ore of a pain that it's worth.  Just got my SP today, we'll see how it does.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you considered the Boveda Butler? I have three and I have found that they are within a point RH and a degree F of each other after calibration. Price is also pretty good. The concern mi

I really like my 3 SensorPushes and the gateway. Two are in the same wineador and the other is in a cooler. I have not had them all 6 months so I cannot comment on that. The one I have had for over 3

The Boveda Butler is basically useless if you plan to use it with the android app. There is no way to get it to give you the history via the app. Also, the calibration took a couple of tries with the

If you really need powerful wireless hygrometer with useful features like monitoring temperature & humidity using WiFi, then go for SensorPush products. This is the reason why I will definitely buy SensorPush products for my Coolidor project.

I've been using the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Home Temperature and Humidity Sensor Thermometer Sensor for just under a year and they have been great...no issue so far and very cost effective too
dbf6e19d0425f21e017851d8dd80687c.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the Wireless Sensor Tags?   One of them can sense light so you can see if someone else opens your humidor besides you.

https://store.wirelesstag.net/collections/all

I have been running Wireless Tags for about 2 years now and really like them. I started out with the gateway & ALS Pro sensor (which does light as you mentioned). I liked them enough to add another 4 or 5 sensors, though opted just for the cheaper basic ones. I currently have 1 in each storage tupper, 1 in my ‘ready to smoke’ box and then have stashed a couple others around the house for general info (outside temp, one in the bedroom that connects to the thermostat via IFTTT).

Batteries need to be replaced about once a year with 1 minute monitoring increments...a bit more frequently on the ones I have outside.

As I recall, these and SensorPush look very similar in function and guts (guessing maybe the same OEM).

Overall, I recommend. Shoot me a PM if you want any other info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

Has anyone tried the Wireless Sensor Tags?   One of them can sense light so you can see if someone else opens your humidor besides you.

I have five of these in my humidor - one on each shelf. I also have one in the room that the humidor is in. I think they are great, nice and small and they are easy to calibrate. The app is good and you can check the status anywhere that you can get internet. The only downside (maybe) is the tag manager has to be plugged into your modem. Not a problem for me, all the gear is in the same room.

I would recommend them ?

6 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

I have a TON of these.  Several in humidors, in my safe (don't want documents getting to humid) and several other sensors both outside and inside and at other locations.  They are really well well made,  accurate and are easy to calibrate.  The wireless hub they offer is very affordable and has very impressive range.

I don't know if you can do the following with SensorPush, but the ability to use them as part of IFTTT allows for some really interesting possibilities.  As an example, I've been controlling my very large wineador's compressor with a tag's temperature sensor.  I have one of the tags set up to send a signal to IFTTT when after 5 temperature readings its consecutively over 69 degrees.  IFTTT then sends a signal to a smart plug to turn on.  After the temperature is down to 62, the reverse happens. This takes the wineador's temperature sensor out of the loop and uses the very accurate wirelesstag as the sensor.  The beads and fans do their do their job unless temperature enters the equasion.  Just the way I want it. 

I agree with Clive these tags are really good easy to manage.And with the motion detector they can be taken out and attached to doors and windows ,if you are away and will send you a alert if they move two for the price of one gadget I reckon 

B4A93D1D-4EB1-49AB-B294-844B57526B07.jpeg

3811B3A8-6CF8-47A0-B280-02E04BB1A083.jpeg

5B5AB8C2-AFA5-4B8E-B357-1A95392A14A8.jpeg

962B40CC-6DD8-49B3-902C-23F1D621B047.jpeg

3 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

Another vote for these tags, they are great!

I *LOVE* the wireless tags.  I have a setup similar to @chris12381 

Two tags right now.  Instead of IFTTT I'm running home assistant and it tracks temp / humidity.  If the temp gets too high (rare) it'll kick on an outlet and the wineador turns on to cool things off.  If the humidity difference between top / bottom of the wineador exceeds 4% then it kicks on another outlet which is connected to a pair of PC fans in the bottom of the wineador to move humidity around.

I also have a "card" in home assistant that shows me temp / humidity from anywhere and I can manually control the fans or wineador remotely from it so I can flip outlets on/off if I so wish.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 2:40 PM, BeerPimp said:

I have them and they work great. You just have to have some other equipment to run them. You need a wireless hub. 

I didn't know that the Wireless Sensor Tag is also exist in this market. What are the differences between SensorPush and Wireless Sensor Tag? I also like to know which is better, SensorPush and Wireless Sensor Tag (I really like the fact that Wireless Sensor Tag has web interface which SensorPush doesn't have yet).

Note. For Wirelress Sensor Tag, I'm interested in buying 13-bit or Pro/Pro ALS as well as Ethernet Tag Manager

On 6/9/2019 at 7:19 PM, chris12381 said:

I have a TON of these.  Several in humidors, in my safe (don't want documents getting to humid) and several other sensors both outside and inside and at other locations.  They are really well well made,  accurate and are easy to calibrate.  The wireless hub they offer is very affordable and has very impressive range.

I don't know if you can do the following with SensorPush, but the ability to use them as part of IFTTT allows for some really interesting possibilities.  As an example, I've been controlling my very large wineador's compressor with a tag's temperature sensor.  I have one of the tags set up to send a signal to IFTTT when after 5 temperature readings its consecutively over 69 degrees.  IFTTT then sends a signal to a smart plug to turn on.  After the temperature is down to 62, the reverse happens. This takes the wineador's temperature sensor out of the loop and uses the very accurate wirelesstag as the sensor.  The beads and fans do their do their job unless temperature enters the equasion.  Just the way I want it. 

Thanks all for the feedback on the Wireless Sensor Tags.   I am going that route especially after seeing the IFTTT capability.   I am very close to ordering a Wineador and the one thing that I had heard that was when the power goes out they come back on set at the lower temperature and was worried that would cause extra condensation in that situation. 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:19 PM, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

I didn't know that the Wireless Sensor Tag is also exist in this market. What are the differences between SensorPush and Wireless Sensor Tag? I also like to know which is better, SensorPush and Wireless Sensor Tag (I really like the fact that Wireless Sensor Tag has web interface which SensorPush doesn't have yet).

Note. For Wirelress Sensor Tag, I'm interested in buying 13-bit or Pro/Pro ALS as well as Ethernet Tag Manager

If I remember correctly, the Pro stores data if the network goes down (or at least holds more than the 13 bit does) or its far from the witless tag manager and is not always making a solid connection.  People also use them to track  to verify temperature in shipment so you would use the pro for something like that. The ALS senses angular motion. You can attach it to a door and it will record that event.   

They have a new one that senses lumens now which has some fun potential with controlling things around the home but haven't played around with it yet. 

1 hour ago, chris12381 said:

If I remember correctly, the Pro stores data if the network goes down (or at least holds more than the 13 bit does) or its far from the witless tag manager and is not always making a solid connection.  People also use them to track  to verify temperature in shipment so you would use the pro for something like that. The ALS senses angular motion. You can attach it to a door and it will record that event.   

They have a new one that senses lumens now which has some fun potential with controlling things around the home but haven't played around with it yet. 

Thanks! They updated Pro ALS with newer firmware to fix bug by the way. 

Just ordered a tag manager with a wireless tag to test it out. It would be nice if they packaged up some sort of “kit” so you could so you can plug and play. It took me a while to figure out how to set myself up for the initial use. I’m still not sure if the power pack and internet cable will be included. Got free shipping with the trytag code. Wish me luck. I’ll let you know!

• 1 year later...

Just started using this week the LCDT humidity sensor that sends every 8 hours the temperature an humidity to your phone. Took a little time to set up properly with the iPhone but seems now to be working well,  so far so good. I will keep updating.