• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have been convinced that i should be on instagram. one reason i held off was that i assumed that it would be beyond my dinosaur-era tech skills to join but, so far, it seems remarkably easy. althoug

Following. Initially, Instagram was a social platform that allowed you to manipulate your photos with filters etc. Then it became very popular with younger people. And Instagram posts could be shared

The tree (and everything else) only exist in your mind. Otherwise, I kind of agree with Max Black  

2 minutes ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

Up to two followers already!

I dont know how to use it either...

actually i think that is me following them - national geog and bruce! i found him.

still have no clue how to put up a pic or whatever. 

I know nothing about Instagram as well...but if a guy like KEN finds it useful, I’m intrigued. Is it anything like Facebook (which I abandoned a few years ago) where you’re inundated with the opinions of people and trolls you don’t even know? Or is it mostly photos? 

Just now, Islandboy said:

I know nothing about Instagram as well...but if a guy like KEN finds it useful, I’m intrigued. Is it anything like Facebook (which I abandoned a few years ago) where you’re inundated with the opinions of people and trolls you don’t even know? Or is it mostly photos? 

not sure about the useful bit yet. was told i needed to be on it. at the moment, i still have no clue. 

Mostly photos but it depends on what you choose to follow.
  • Thanks 1

Followed, but you need to add at least 50 hash tags per post and start doing obvious product placement as though you'd been drinking product x multiple times a day forever and no mention of sponsorship or freebies of course... 

It's replaced my morning newspaper while I'm eating my breakfast, the news is too much these days. So I can just flick through pics of my interests, bits of tasty cigars, history stuff etc. It's like a little shot of your interests without getting too deep.

You need to get into the teeth whitening advertising gig Ken, you'll be well on your way to stardom with only minor hits to your self respect

Welcome to IG Ken, it is a little better than FB, but not much since FB now owns them, it used to be great......like the old internet, anyway I've been on IG for years, and yes I too follow Miley (he she shows an occasional nipple, c'mon) anyway, if you want to see me my hand, face, hats, and cigars follow me IG: irratebass

BTW I followed all who mentioned their IG's already.......you're welcome

13 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

i have been convinced that i should be on instagram. one reason i held off was that i assumed that it would be beyond my dinosaur-era tech skills to join but, so far, it seems remarkably easy. although i am at a brick wall for whatever happens after one joins.

but it has left me beyond depressed. the algorithm or whatever that "makes recommendations' has decided the person i should be most likely to follow is mily cyrus. shoot me now. my life has come down to a machine thinking i have something/anything in common with her. 

it gets worse. in my top eight are a couple of kardashians and a jenner or two and katey perry, who i seem to remember was a singer some years ago. 

anyway, i am now apparently kengargett on this thing. i'm not really sure what happens now. i'm off to talk to my people. apparently, i now have people. 

Almost seems like being “Friends” with someone on FB. Flowing their posts and pictures. Seems redundant. Maybe I am wrong.