*** Favorite Golf Smoke ? ***

1 minute ago, Chef said:

When y’all hit the links, what’s the first stick you reach for?  

I never want to smoke anything too high end because my concentration is on my game, not my cigar.

I usually smoke RAGs.  They last me about 12 or 13 holes.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to smoke anything other than a reg production since it's not relaxing at all to smoke while playing. It's almost always windier than what is ideal, and you have to put your cigar down a hundred times or more in the duration it takes to finish. I prefer hanging out after and having a cold beer and relaxing for an hour with a great cigar.

Good question!  I have a selection of golfing cigars, normally RG Panetelas, various Quinteros, JL Piedras, Vegueros Mananitas and Fonseca Delicias. I pick from any of those for a normal round.

For Thanksgiving and other special holiday golf, I'll start with a Monte #4 or comparable. 

I smoke 2 DC’s when I play because 9 holes is usually perfect for a DC. I like to start with a Hoyo and then any of the others for the back 9. If it’s really slow I always have something to get me to the clubhouse. Smoking and drinking are the best part of my game!

37 minutes ago, Notsocleaver said:

Isn't this exactly what the Monte Opens were made for?

Not that I would know, I refuse to smoke Monte Opens or play golf...

Haha, they ain't that bad!  See my recent post in daily smoke about it. 

Fresh PLPC.... so I can hand it out to my playing partner during the first few holes. That way, the mongrel of the PLPC knocks him around, and ruins his game so I can win. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a little tupperdor in my locker, right now it has Connie A, RASS, JL2 for on the course (usually only one) and LGC MdO4 for after if I'm lucky.  I really enjoy a cigar on the golf course so when my next box of CoRos come of age they will be my top choice.

I usually do a front 6 a middle 6 and an end 6 cigar when I play time permitting.  It is the only time I smoke NC and usually smoke something a little strong with a non brittle wrapper ideally. I smoke mostly Olivia V, Epernay and certain Fuente's mostly because I don't concentrate on the cigar that much and they are always constructed perfectly and anything with a brittle wrapper can be tough to deal with so I save my CC's for more relaxing times.