Hello from Chicago

Nabil

Hi everybody, I signed up a few days ago as I have started to seriously consider spending all of my money after rent on cigars and figured this is where I should learn a bit as I transition from Black & Milds to real cigars. In all seriousness, I went to Cuba for the first time this past December and obviously enjoyed more than a few cigars with the never ending 3 CUC mojitos. Brought back a box of CoRos without really understanding ageing and storage and have been trying to learn as much as I can since. I've started to try to figure out what I like, but being in Chicago that, until some of my purchases from the store make its way here, have been mostly limited to non-Cubans. Having lurked around the forum for a week I thought it was time to say hello. 

As far as my set-up, still pretty modest. A single 65 cigar humidor (more like 50 I think but they say 65) with the aforementioned box of CoRos in it and a handful of NCs that I've bought here (the one I've liked the most so far has been the My Father La Opulencia if anybody has any recommendations based on that I'd love to hear it).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MikeinKS said:

Welcome and good luck.  Look back at your post in about six months and chuckle at your modest beginnings (and save up)!

Thank you very much, and yeah I'm already seeing I need a bigger humidor lol

11 hours ago, aphexafx said:

Welcome to the fold!

Thank you!

Welcome. Will take as many CoRos off your hands as you want. Haha. I quickly learned for my tastes that I couldn’t get the same flavors out of NCs. It’s nice to be able to walk into a store and purchase a cigar. It’s nicer to have plenty of cigars on hand at home you actually want to smoke.

Take the shelves out of a wine fridge. Unplug it and throw in some 62-65 bovedas. Room for 8-10 boxes or so. Keep the desktop for singles or cigars you are getting ready to smoke.

On 3/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, Brian24 said:

Welcome. Will take as many CoRos off your hands as you want. Haha. I quickly learned for my tastes that I couldn’t get the same flavors out of NCs. It’s nice to be able to walk into a store and purchase a cigar. It’s nicer to have plenty of cigars on hand at home you actually want to smoke.

Take the shelves out of a wine fridge. Unplug it and throw in some 62-65 bovedas. Room for 8-10 boxes or so. Keep the desktop for singles or cigars you are getting ready to smoke.

I just ordered a pre-fab wineador haha, could quickly see that I need the room if I want to be able to get even a fraction of things I want

• 3 months later...