New from Chicago

kevpro

Hi everyone,

I have been an occasional cigar smoker, usually while playing golf or vacation, but as I'm preparing for my first trip to Cuba in July I can already tell I'm hooked. I couldn't even wait till the trip so I picked up some Monte No 2's on the 24:24. My biggest problem is finding where to smoke them until it gets warmer (I was excited to smoke a Padron while walking my dog this weekend because it was only 30F and 15mph wind). If anyone has Chicago cigar lounge or even patio recommendations that would be greatly appreciated. 

I've tried to do my research but I know there's still a lot to learn. I'm excited to join the community and the inevitable growth of my Cuban cigar collection. 

Thanks,

Kevin

2 hours ago, Brian24 said:

I can’t remember where, but some members recently discussed 2-3 lounges in Chicago. Sadly I’m new, and don’t know how to link. I feel like one was loop area and other was near north or close to Lincoln Park.

Thanks! I'll try searching for that post. I know the Biggs Mansion is supposed to be great but I'd prefer to buy more cigars instead of a $75 day pass. 

Iwan Ries on Wabash has a lounge, never been in it though. Out in the suburbs there a chain of them called Humidor, closest I think is Lisle but you can only smoke what you buy there. I got a balcony but it's been cold enough I've just been standing next to the door and blowing the smoke out haha

19 hours ago, Nabil said:

Iwan Ries on Wabash has a lounge, never been in it though. Out in the suburbs there a chain of them called Humidor, closest I think is Lisle but you can only smoke what you buy there. I got a balcony but it's been cold enough I've just been standing next to the door and blowing the smoke out haha

Thanks! I'll have to check out Iwan Ries as it's right by my office. We're finally getting some better weather, I hope it stays. 

39 minutes ago, kevpro said:

Thanks! I'll have to check out Iwan Ries as it's right by my office. We're finally getting some better weather, I hope it stays. 

I will say this though, tobacco tax in the city is insane. If you want non-cuban cigars get out of Cook County

• 3 months later...