Creativity Abounds!

2 hours ago, Stump89 said:

Make it a traditional robusto size and call it.....

drum roll....

Robustos de Punch!

I think they are reserving the real robustos for the regional editions.  We've had a couple of those so far....

11 hours ago, gweilgi said:

I think they are reserving the real robustos for the regional editions.  We've had a couple of those so far....

Hopefully these wont have the regional editions prices.  I like the Punch Punch but always felt they are packed too tight, so I would certainly buy a few boxes when they come out if the price is not crazy.  

14 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Punch Short de Punch? Really?

This boils my piss.  It nearly boils my piss as much as having the star spangled banner signify an English language option, on European cigar merchant page, over the Union Jack???  How on earth does that work?

Diplomaticos Ammunition, Punch Del AR15..........its all going in one direction........ downhill.   

For those who feel as though their nest is finally being feathered,  I'm very happy for you, But for me it's like being forced to buy cigars that are being marketed to 10yr olds.   Utterly pathetic 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 99call said:

This boils my piss.  It nearly boils my piss as much as having the star spangled banner signify an English language option, on European cigar merchant page, over the Union Jack???  How on earth does that work?

Diplomaticos Ammunition, Punch Del AR15..........its all going in one direction........ downhill.   

For those who feel as though their nest is finally being feathered,  I'm very happy for you, But for me it's like being forced to buy cigars that are being marketed to 10yr olds.   Utterly pathetic 

You forget the El Rey Del Mundo "Walk in Humidor" Libano regional and the SLR "Herfing". We're rapidly approaching a 4x60 Double Short Robusto "Bolivar Donkey D#$k."  

2 minutes ago, 99call said:

is this a joke? please let it be a joke.    

I wish it was. I initially saw it in a Cigar Aficionado article and I thought they were having a goof. I went a checked the foremost source of Cuban cigar info on the internet and low and behold:

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/el-rey-del-mundo#edicion-regional-libano

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/long-delayed-el-rey-del-mundo-wih-20-arriving-in-lebanon

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/saint-luis-rey-herfing-made-just-for-the-middle-east

7 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

I wish it was. I initially saw it in a Cigar Aficionado article and I thought they were having a goof. I went a checked the foremost source of Cuban cigar info on the internet and low and behold:

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/el-rey-del-mundo#edicion-regional-libano

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/long-delayed-el-rey-del-mundo-wih-20-arriving-in-lebanon

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/saint-luis-rey-herfing-made-just-for-the-middle-east

As much as the UK is in a mine field of underperformance, Brexit wise.  I'm glad we still have the tradition and class to call our latest El Rey Del Mundo "La Reina".   Simple, full of tradition, has respect to the Spanish/Cuban tradition/language.  and also a nice side reference to the Royals (as much as I hate them)

Free with every box
61Uc6EcZ21L._UX679_.jpg.d1118d37aa2c31cdfe2805951fa30f5f.jpg

I still find “Herfing” even worse...

By comparison the new Punch Duke RE at least kept it simple by using the vitola as the name.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:41 AM, CaptainQuintero said:

I mean it comes from the same minds that brought us the Punch Punch

How did that get through? Ah the Cohiba Cohiba, nice but not as pleasant as the San Cristobal de la Havana San Cristobal de la Habana

Isn't it actually 33% more ridiculous than that: the Punch Punch-Punch?

11 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

I still find “Herfing” even worse...

By comparison the new Punch Duke RE at least kept it simple by using the vitola as the name.

Can't stand the term. I was actually going to try to round up some Santa Cruz-San Jose guys to get together for cigars in Clubs, but then I couldn't figure out what to call it without using the detestable word "herf". That coupled with the fact that I'm computer illiterate was enough so I couldn't overcome the small activation energy.

• Like 3

As much as the UK is in a mine field of underperformance, Brexit wise.  I'm glad we still have the tradition and class to call our latest El Rey Del Mundo "La Reina".   Simple, full of tradition, has respect to the Spanish/Cuban tradition/language.  and also a nice side reference to the Royals (as much as I hate them)
We could storm Buck Palace together on the queen's birthday (8th June) then meet up with Di and Rob after our successful republican coup. Sounds like the perfect day out?

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

On 3/9/2019 at 7:31 AM, bpm32 said:

Isn't it actually 33% more ridiculous than that: the Punch Punch-Punch?

Can't stand the term. I was actually going to try to round up some Santa Cruz-San Jose guys to get together for cigars in Clubs, but then I couldn't figure out what to call it without using the detestable word "herf". That coupled with the fact that I'm computer illiterate was enough so I couldn't overcome the small activation energy.

"Herf" is what you do when you smoke too quickly and drink too much. Preferably into a porcelain bowl, but more times than not, into the gutter, on the floor, or in someone's lap.