Pics of your Self-Rolled Sticks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just started in the last month. I'm waiting on a Corona mold from Honduras. I have a petite perfecto mold that appears to be a community loaner from another forum. So I'm using that and paper strips.

Couple sticks fresh of the table Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does IKEA "do it yourself" with a manual count? ?

• JohnS changed the title to Pics of your Self-Rolled Sticks

This is far down my list - too busy with work, family and the garden.  When the time is right, I'm hunting down some Dominican filler and, possibly, some Cuban leaves as well.

• Like 1

This is far down my list - too busy with work, family and the garden.  When the time is right, I'm hunting down some Dominican filler and, possibly, some Cuban leaves as well.

Yeah I rarely have time to roll. One of these days I need to just get a bunch of leaf and sit down and roll for a few days straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What resources are there for learning? 
Where do you U.S. based folks source your gear and leaf?
Big Al 

I get my leaf from leafonly.com, wholeleaftobacco.com and some friends of mine that live near factories that sell some leaf. As far as gear I use mostly stuff around the house: cutting board, ulu, spray bottle, copper pipe elbow(for cutting caps), xantham gum for glue and lots of patience.

There are some great videos out there on rolling, my favorites videos are done by a friend of mine, search bliss cigar co on YouTube.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akpreacher said:

Yeah I rarely have time to roll. One of these days I need to just get a bunch of leaf and sit down and roll for a few days straight.

When it came time to learn how to roll cigarettes, I got a pouch of tobacco and a few packs of papers.  Roll and if it isn't right, tear it up and do it again.  I figure I won't spring for wrapper leaf until I can do it with a reasonably smooth binder-quality leaf.  Unless the wrapper tobacco is just as cheap?

When it came time to learn how to roll cigarettes, I got a pouch of tobacco and a few packs of papers.  Roll and if it isn't right, tear it up and do it again.  I figure I won't spring for wrapper leaf until I can do it with a reasonably smooth binder-quality leaf.  Unless the wrapper tobacco is just as cheap?

It’s a little more expensive but not much!

Pretty cool.
I know that the Big Cigar site in the States sells wooden cigar press forms aka molds from time to time they are reasonably priced most of the time.

Cigarbid had been auctioning some off and on for awhile. I picked up a couple from there.

• 1 month later...