Simon Chase...

I corresponded with him occasionally, and always found him funny, articulate, helpful and above all knowledgeable. He had often said that I should look him up for a smoke next time I was in London, and I always thought I'd get around to it someday. A great loss.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, captain said:

74 is very young...anyone know what happened? 

RIP...legend

He has been ill for some time. 

Outside of that, I don't think that it should be a discussion point.  I am sure you understand. 

Never met the man.  Knew of him from various articles here and there.  Heard a few good stories of his good natured character.  in particular, in some settings he'd pull out pre-release H&F 225's like a proud papa, hand them out and ask people's opinion on the cigar.  In essence, being a good host or guest and a savvy cigar merchant all at once.  RIP.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, El Presidente said:

He has been ill for some time. 

Outside of that, I don't think that it should be a discussion point.  I am sure you understand. 

Of course...I meant no disrespect. 

Rest in Peace Simon ?

Simon provided me with invaluable advice during the first few months of CCW's development. 
He will be a great loss to the cigar community, his friends, & family.

• Like 2

A huge loss to the cigar community. I heard when I was in London of his illness and had hoped he would get through it. Rest in peace Simon. Thank you for the great contribution you have made to the cigar community. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the sad news while in Havana - it saddened everyone there and many cigars were smoked in his memory.

A great friend, mentor and gentleman.

RIP Simon.

• Like 4