Preferred Coffee Cup/Glass

As we have quite a number of coffee addicts, I was wondering, what is your preferred drinking vessel?

Traditional cup/mug, double wall cup/glass (eg Bodum, Avanti, etc), a tumbler (eg Duralex Picardie), a travel mug, the skull from a fallen enemy?

I personally use double wall glasses, and have just replaced my old ones (most have either broken or had water gotten in between the two walls) with Avanti Nove double wall glasses. I like them as they keep my coffee hot, I don't need to preheat them like I do with ceramic cups/mugs, and they look nice too.

image.thumb.jpeg.163a2d00a3a5c297dccfe1852bc1f932.jpeg

• Like 2

JoyJolt Savor Double Wall Insulated glasses Espresso Mugs Set of 2, 5.4-Ounces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N07HRYP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7Q0HCbRJAAJPW

got these off amazon a month or two ago and have been quite pleased 

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I love Picolo glasses. 

1. The perfect coffee
  2.  They are deadly accurate when you throw them. 
  3. They smash into a thousand pieces. Very dramatic  ;)

Then you'll love the Duralex glasses. The explode all on their own! Very dramatic indeed!!

I’m a standard ceramic mug guy though I would like something that will keep my coffee hot longer. May try the double wall glasses you mentioned. I’m not a big fan of drinking coffee from a metal cup so the double wall steel isn’t my favorite..

I do find the double wall glasses/mugs keep my coffee hot for longer... if it lasts more than 2 minutes that is (I tend to drink it down quick). If you're not pre-heating your mug, the coffee loses all the heat transferring it to the mug.

Try the Bodum Bistro mugs.

image.jpeg.1a623524e67155dcacb411eb4b1c35f4.jpeg

• Like 3

Here are three in my current roatation. An expresso, a cup, and a tall cup or tumbler.  

43AE274A-D605-455C-B12C-181D89342BA7.jpeg

332CDD9E-3621-4B2C-BBDF-C6D0018909B9.jpeg

E1B77317-76DD-4258-BD68-D1ED5689D93B.jpeg

• Like 3

Now I need to go get special coffee mugs too? :)

I've started a semi tradition that on trips where there are starbucks (no judging on coffee) I pick up one of their "you were here" mugs.  Big pile in the cabinet, so when I make my morning coffee and grab one, I can (in theory) remember the fun trip to London, or Las Vegas, or Singapore, or Istanbul, etc.

They've always just been coffee mugs to me.  Never considered pre-heating the mug.  And now I'm off to buy some of those glass double walled jobbies...

My wife enjoys collecting hand made coffee cups so I usually try to pick one out for her when I have to travel for work. We have a decent collection of them, but they’re pretty much for display purposes only. Most of our coffee drinking is out of regular mugs or steel travel tumblers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My stepdaughter is a talented ceramics artist. she made this for me. Claims it is a second but looks great to me. She is currently making me an ashtray with her signature three flowers to hold my cigars. 

20190217_100214.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

An IV full of dry beans? You may need to re-think that one, Ian! :lol3:

In my defence, the only stock images I could find of liquid coffee in an IV drip had Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks logos on them!
I may be a hardline coffee addict, but I have standards!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1