A fix for sideways photos in your posts?

I have been plagued, like many others here, by sideways photos in my posts.  There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to when they would post correctly and when they would post sideways.  Frustrating for sure.  I think I have found a fix, at least it has worked for me -- on my Android phone if that makes a difference.

I go into the photo album on my phone and chose the photo I want to post.  I then take a screenshot of that photo.  I upload the screenshot of the photo to my post here instead of the "normal" photo.  Even though the "normal" photo and the screenshot of the photo look absolutely identical, I have not had a single "screenshot photo" I have uploaded here post sideways.    

Hopefully that will work for others here that have experienced the same issue.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

It happens me too and I haven't been able to find a fix other than opening the photo in a photo editor and editing the size or scale of the picture before upload. That usually works.

Paint.net is very good, very easy, free, legal and no advertising or other BS.

https://www.getpaint.net/

I guess I should call my method "the lazy man's fix." ?

• Like 1

I use apple products, and I just hit “edit” and click the magic wand, that adjusts the lighting for best picture.

But if you do any kind of editing at all to the original picture, it will keep your picture right-side-up.

• Like 3

On iPhone x .Open photo, edit, rotate once 90 deg. save. Click photo again, rotate the remaining 270 degrees which is 3 taps until it is right side up again and save. That phone will now display right side up.

It's just an annoying repetitive task to do with the photos you want to upload.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edward7 said:

On iPhone x .Open photo, edit, rotate once 90 deg. save. Click photo again, rotate the remaining 270 degrees which is 3 taps until it is right side up again and save. That phone will now display right side up.

It's just an annoying repetitive task to do with the photos you want to upload.

That’s what I do 

With my Samsung Galaxy S7, I just realized the other day that taking photos in landscape mode (have your phone sideways vs standing up) makes for perfect photos.  

See below, the Quintero was taken in portrait mode, the Monte in landscape mode.  Try it and let us know if it works!

20190313_231034.jpg

20190314_145432.jpg