top 50 spy films

The Lives of Others is underrated and an excellent East German Stasi film. 

There's also a Stasi mini-series on Netflix that's worth watching but I'm currently off Netflix and on Hulu & Prime.

And although it's a miniseries (that should count in my opinion), the original BBC Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was far better than the crappy- yes crappy- 2011 remake (excellent performances by Firth and Oldman notwithstanding). 

And in light of what is on this list, how is The Good Shepherd not on this list?

50 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

The Lives of Others is underrated and an excellent East German Stasi film. 

There's also a Stasi mini-series on Netflix that's worth watching but I'm currently off Netflix and on Hulu & Prime.

And although it's a miniseries (that should count in my opinion), the original BBC Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was far better than the crappy- yes crappy- 2011 remake (excellent performances by Firth and Oldman notwithstanding). 

And in light of what is on this list, how is The Good Shepherd not on this list?

The Good Shepard is a fantastic film, I also think very highly of Spy Game. Much like any best of lists, or top this or that, lots of debate will always ensue. Having said that WTF is Spy Kids doing on there, that I believe has got to be a universal feeling

If you like an intelligent spy detective, I suggest you take a look «Seventeen moments of spring, 1973, USSR”. A military spy drama about a Soviet intelligence agent embedded in the highest echelons of German power. The uniqueness of this spy series is that the fascists of the highest echelons of power are shown very realistically as serious dangerous intellectual opponents.