Por Larranaga Picadores ULE JUN 2015

1 minute ago, nKostyan said:

Great review. Regular Por Larranga is not enough full size “havana” with classic taste Panetelas/Montecarlos/PC. Unfortunately Picadores did not become such a cigar. We have to pray for the Regional

The grand robusto in Holland sounds like it has more of the PL pedigree.   I don't think it is a problem that the Picadores doesn't exemplify the core PL blend. I think many brands have their black sheep.  I just think it's sad if people have a negative reaction to these just because they don't turn out to be chubby PLPC's. 

29 minutes ago, Sudzdaddy said:

Thanks for the review!  In spite of the raves this cigar has received, I remain hesitant.

if you like light wrappered Cohiba, Hoyo, Vegueros you should jump on in.  It's just my opinion but don't expect any PL hallmarks.  If you can mentally park that to one side, you should really enjoy them.   If like some you want them to be chubby PLPC's I think you might be let down. 

On 3/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, 99call said:

The grand robusto in Holland sounds like it has more of the PL pedigree.   I don't think it is a problem that the Picadores doesn't exemplify the core PL blend. I think many brands have their black sheep.  I just think it's sad if people have a negative reaction to these just because they don't turn out to be chubby PLPC's. 

I was hoping for a return of the Robustos de Larranaga AP regional.  Sadly, that was not the case.  Not a bad cigar at all, but not anywhere near remarkable when compared against the other Robustos/Hermosos no 4 available.

• 2 weeks later...