Hoyo de Monterrey Escogidos UEB Oct 18 (HRW)

I'm interested in hearing what comes through for others with this cigar. It still seems pretty incredible to me how the core flavors of the marca are there, blended so well with this completely new element of concentrated currant. 

I'm interested in hearing what comes through for others with this cigar. It still seems pretty incredible to me how the core flavors of the marca are there, blended so well with this completely new element of concentrated currant. 

This is the reason I like so many of the LCDH releases. They tend to have a ramped up and tweaked flavor profiles which I enjoy. I’ll be sure to throw up a review when after I rest mine for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, earthson said:

I will continue to keep my eyes open.  Y'all are just too quick for me on the 24:24!

I could have missed it, but I haven't seen this come up on 24:24 yet. It's pretty much a European release, my sister picked some up for me while in Berlin a few months back. 

23 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I could have missed it, but I haven't seen this come up on 24:24 yet. It's pretty much a European release, my sister picked some up for me while in Berlin a few months back. 

Thought I did, but could be the Elegantes.  Somewhat irritating that some LCDH are spread far and wide (RA Sups, HURR, Partagas Salomones) while others are released much more sparingly (such as these).  Have heard nothing but good things about these.  I'm of the camp that all HdM need some age, but it sounds like these may not conform to that?

Thought I did, but could be the Elegantes.  Somewhat irritating that some LCDH are spread far and wide (RA Sups, HURR, Partagas Salomones) while others are released much more sparingly (such as these).  Have heard nothing but good things about these.  I'm of the camp that all HdM need some age, but it sounds like these may not conform to that?

I’m sure they will spread to other parts of the world soon.

They are absolutely outstanding cigars and yes, they don’t need any aging at all.

Packaging is also nicely executed.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jcorona said:

Nice review. What was the total smoking time?

Thanks. I forgot to officially time it, but it was a nice, slow burner, and I was savoring it, so I’d guess very close to 2 hrs.

• Like 1

Wow sounds like it was a very enjoyable cigar. I'm very keen to get hold of some as would love to get a toasted coconut experience also, even if just fleeting!

On 3/23/2019 at 4:50 PM, Islandboy said:

At about halfway, the concentration of flavors continues, and marzipan enters the picture. The total package just transported me back to my childhood and to New Zealand where my family spent a month. There was a raisin biscuit in the stores, with a sweet, flaky crust, and a currant paste on the inside. I’m there, eating one. Absolutely gorgeous. I’m being blown away by this cigar and it’s vibrant flavors. Very un-Hoyo like flavors, I might add.

This sounds like an expat from the north of England brought the humble 'Eccles cake' to the shores of NZ.   I would would agree, apart from the Du Gourmet, which is known to put out currant flavours 

download.jpeg

Nice review. I was looking for these at the LCDH in Teddington last week but Ajay has yet to receive them.