Trinidad Reyes vs Cohiba Siglo I

Hey FOH community,

Has anyone ever compared/thought that the Reyes and Siglo I are equivalent in smoking pleasure? 

Personally, I can't bring myself to buy more Siglo I since I seem to get similar pleasure with the Reyes.  They seem equally delicious and sometimes I can barely tell a difference in taste.

Would love to hear others' opinions.

I have both in humidor, actually had a Reyes today. I tend to lean towards the siglo 1. Just my opinion,  seems to be a little smoother. But have not smoked both with same age. My siglo have 5yrs, and Reyes 2 yrs.

• Like 1

Haha cool, I just had a Reyes as well, that's what prompted this question. Thanks, I've only had Siglos from the 5 pack, so most likely these are young, even with some 3-6 mos time in my tupperdor. 

I guess I'm trying to decide whether to spring for a box of Siglo I's or keep those budgeted $$s for more Reyes!

Great question.  To me, they are pretty different.  Since I don’t love Uber strong cigars, the Reyes wins on that point alone.  But I also love the complexity of the Reyes.  I understand why the Siglo I has its legions of fans but the herbaceous complexity of the Reyes is unique.  

Of course the above is contextualized with a very large “to each their own.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BarryVT said:

Your call, for me I go siglo. They tend to have a more consistent burn, seem to be more touch ups with reyes.  At least my experience.  Or hell get them both if you like them both. 

I agree on the burn, I've noticed that too. 

1 hour ago, Wailbait said:

Great question.  To me, they are pretty different.  Since I don’t love Uber strong cigars, the Reyes wins on that point alone.  But I also love the complexity of the Reyes.  I understand why the Siglo I has its legions of fans but the herbaceous complexity of the Reyes is unique.  

Of course the above is contextualized with a very large “to each their own.”

Thanks Wailbait. Appreciate your response.  Maybe the answer after all is that each of them are equally delicious, and so have a place.  I've had "mmmmm this is so good" moments with both of them.  :perfect10:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nKostyan said:

In my opinion, these cigars are identical in nature, different in taste. Choose only one of them - to deprive yourself of diversity. Cost? In my opinion it is not significant.

You bring up a good point - maybe I should keep a few Siglo on hand not to deprive myself of their enjoyment as well.  At this point I'm definitely leaning towards the Reyes.

These are two cigars that are difficult to compare in terms of anything but personal preference. I don't think I could say one is superior to the other objectively despite their being very different cigars in nearly every way. 

Personally, I prefer the Reyes for various reasons but I can't say it's a better cigar than the Siglo I. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, that just solidifies the fact that I will need to have a little of each at all times. Both give me satisfaction. Since Reyes is cheaper, I'll probably have more of it.