Pairing Recommendations for Havana Club 7

Silverstix

I picked up a bottle of Havana Club 7 at duty free during my travels last week. My first bottle of Cuban rum. I’m looking for suggestions on cigar pairings please, as well as pairings for mixing (or is this good enough to sip neat?) Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HC 7 is a nice medium, decent enough to sip neat, but not too pricey to mix into something. I prefer it with 1 or 2 ice cubes as father of pugs mentioned, but it also goes great in a "Mojata" which is essentially a mojito with dark rum instead of light. I was introduced to that little gem during my last trip to the island and it blew my mind. 

I can't remember HC 7 ever "clashing" with a cigar, so I would recommend starting with your go to's and working from there. 

• Like 1

I actually prefer it as a mixer, as it’s a decent sipper but frankly, in my opinion, I greatly prefer El Dorado 15 if I am drinking it neat.

I like 2 ounces HC7 in a rocks glass filled halfway with ice. Lightly squeeze the lime (just a few drops) and lay the lime in the glass. Then top with Coca-Cola. 

May sound weird but that’s the recipe I came up with after drinking through 3 bottles of HC7 a year ago. 

You can pair it with anything, but I like Upmann and Trinidad, personally. Goes great with Trini Reyes after work ?

E4B897C6-3012-4D46-B8F6-A95EFB0C53EB.jpeg

• Like 3

I also agree you could sip it but there are much better choices to have neat. I use HC7 as a mixer rum usually with coke and lime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HC7 is nice to have a few times, mostly tastes better in Havana for some reason and is a good mixer. I stopped bringing it home because frankly it isn’t better than Pilar 24, FourSquare, Plantation 20 year anniversary or Diplomatico ER. Not even close.