HSA Price Increases

I promised to let you know once I received final confirmation. 

Official HSA increases for 2019 effective April 1. 

Cohiba P9 Size (Esplendidos, Lanceros, Piramides Extra, Siglo VI): 8%

Cohiba all others: 5%

Cohiba Behike: 13%

Quai D’Orsay: 8%

All Other Brands: 4%

Small Size all (Minis, Clubs, Puritos, Short): 0%

• Sad 2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy a $9.00 PSD4 or a $10 BBF, more than any $20-$30 Padron, Davidoff, or Opus X that I have ever tried.

10 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Now is that for retail off the island? Or is an increase across the board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Across the board as I understand. 

• Confused 1

And such is life...........hot, well proportioned red heads...fine liquor... good cigars and cashews are all going to increase at the bottom line. ?

?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MountainMilG said:

Oh darn, my party shorts remain the same ?

I think they mean 'Shorts' as in the little machine made pack cigars.  I'll wager that Parti Shorts will be subject to the increase, despite the name.

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I promised to let you know once I received final confirmation. 

Official HSA increases for 2019 effective April 1. 

Cohiba P9 Size (Esplendidos, Lanceros, Piramides Extra, Siglo VI): 8%

Cohiba all others: 5%

Cohiba Behike: 13%

Quai D’Orsay: 8%

All Other Brands: 4%

Small Size all (Minis, Clubs, Puritos, Short): 0%

Certainly sizeable price hike percentages but can you provide some context? When was the last time Habanos SA raised prices across the board on regular production sticks and what were the percentages then? If it’s been 5-10 years then those numbers aren't bad; if its been a couple of years than those hikes are larcenous.

2 hours ago, Buck14 said:

Certainly sizeable price hike percentages but can you provide some context? When was the last time Habanos SA raised prices across the board on regular production sticks and what were the percentages then? If it’s been 5-10 years then those numbers aren't bad; if its been a couple of years than those hikes are larcenous.

They raised Cohiba 5% last year. They raise prices (to varying degrees) April each year. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

Haven’t cigar prices in Cuba remained the same for the past several years? 

Two different markets. 

HSA to global distributors is an almost annual rise. There was a 4 year break after 2007/8

Cuba prices had a significant rise 2-3 years back. It was well covered. My understanding is that the QD price increase and cohiba increases will follow through. I am not sure if that will be to the same extent. Travellers to havana in May can let us know :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The way this is going, it is is actually cheaper to sail to the island once a year and stock up. The savings in cigars covers the cost of the trip. 

• Like 1

Simple supply and demand - Cubans are already significantly more expensive on a whole, than any other cigars on the market. 

And until the sales slow and HSA sees that prices are getting too high, this will continue. 

For me, money is not much an issue when determining what to smoke - and I assume its much the same for many of you. However, I still wont pay needlessly high prices for a product that is marginally better, at best. Point being - I will be picking and choosing which Cubans I buy. The days of having a humidor stocked to the gills with Cubans simply because seems, well, a bit pointless. There are many non-cuban marcas out there that are quite frankly, just as good as their cuban counterparts. Often times at about 1/3rd of the price. 

• Like 2