The Word's Best Whiskey

irratebass

Pretty surprising, but for less than $30 time to stock up, before all the hipsters bring the price up.

Best Whiskey: How Bourbon Dominated The 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition

Pretty surprising, but for less than $30 time to stock up, before all the hipsters bring the price up.

Best Whiskey: How Bourbon Dominated The 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition

It's already impossible to find, has been since it came out. Sells for more than $75 on secondary. I've yet to see it in the wild...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Until very recently it was readily available for $29.95 at my local dealer.

It’s really good, but whisky of the world or whatever, it’s not IMO.

• Like 1

Yum.......not the cigar 8eb7be1afa1d00870e6ed4d7fd23346d.jpg

I'm very good looking, and great with rice

I wasn't impressed with my bottle. Not sure it's worthy of any of the recent hype. Unless there are vastly superior barrels compared to what I have...

11 hours ago, prodigy said:

I wasn't impressed with my bottle. Not sure it's worthy of any of the recent hype. Unless there are vastly superior barrels compared to what I have...

Funny you mentioned that, I received this email today:

This past weekend, Henry McKenna Single Barrel won Best Whiskey at the San Francisco Spirits CompetitionThis is only the second time that a bourbon has won the top overall whiskey title. Now this doesn’t mean that every bottle of Henry McKenna you buy will taste like the bottle that won at the competition, because it’s a single barrel and none will taste exactly like it. However it does mean that in a competition typically dominated by scotch, japanese and rye whiskeys, the United States’ only national spirit reigns supreme….and that’s something we can definitely raise a glass to!

Funny you mentioned that, I received this email today:

This past weekend, Henry McKenna Single Barrel won Best Whiskey at the San Francisco Spirits Competition. This is only the second time that a bourbon has won the top overall whiskey title. Now this doesn’t mean that every bottle of Henry McKenna you buy will taste like the bottle that won at the competition, because it’s a single barrel and none will taste exactly like it. However it does mean that in a competition typically dominated by scotch, japanese and rye whiskeys, the United States’ only national spirit reigns supreme….and that’s something we can definitely raise a glass to!
Yea abc stores sold thousands of bottles yesterday in VA. Many bloggers said site traffic to their reviews of Henry McKenna increased 1000% over night. It's definitely not anything to go crazy over... My bottle is mediocre at best, but like they say, every barrel is different.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Yea abc stores sold thousands of bottles yesterday in VA. Many bloggers said site traffic to their reviews of Henry McKenna increased 1000% over night. It's definitely not anything to go crazy over... My bottle is mediocre at best, but like they say, every barrel is different.

I stopped in 2 places last night....no dice......gonna hunt on my lunch hour today, just want a couple more bottles, not gonna go crazy, because it is one of my fav BIB

My biggest problem with the damn competition's or lists is the corresponding arbitrary increase in price. I know market sets the price, but the sharp influx in sales eventually dies down but the price never adjusts down once the cat is out of the bag.

It’s very good bourbon, but worlds best? Many many LOLz..

Gimme ECBP, FR BS, RR 110, OF 1920 and  KC120 all day long.. fuggetaboutit..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ethernut said:

It’s very good bourbon, but worlds best? Many many LOLz..

Gimme ECBP, FR BS, RR 110, OF 1920 and  KC120 all day long.. fuggetaboutit..

Agreed. I tried some McKenna in San Francisco late last year, was not impressed in the slightest.  I can't fathom that a single barrel bottling of the stuff would be so stratospheric.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

I can't fathom that a single barrel bottling of the stuff would be so stratospheric.

Trust me. Nope. However I will say the McKenna has ranked very well in blind tastings here locally, it's, again, very good at its best and well worth the price as what we call, "a solid drinker." Hope you're doing well man! 

17 hours ago, Ethernut said:

Trust me. Nope. However I will say the McKenna has ranked very well in blind tastings here locally, it's, again, very good at its best and well worth the price as what we call, "a solid drinker." Hope you're doing well man! 

Thanks mate, I'll try it again next time I'm stateside.  Doing alright, in the "Arabian area" at present.  Weather can't be beat LOL!

• Like 1