Cohiba Shorts vs Trinidad Shorts

20190325_151104.thumb.jpg.866fc54200420571c0427f9d1f9af14d.jpg20190325_152643.thumb.jpg.1da37875d8e03ca44cc46b4db901dea0.jpg

Have you had an opportuntiy to sample the recent Trinidad Shorts (or TriSho) Puritos release? How does it compare to the Cohiba Shorts (or CoSho) Puritos release which came out in mid-2017 (yes, it's been that long!) I wanted to start a reference thread for these releases to guide our members with some background knowledge if you are interested in sampling these.

I must thank @Luca for gifting me the Trinidad Shorts as they aren't currently available in all markets, from what I understand, at the time of writing this topic post. So how do they compare, in my opinion?

Well, the consensus on our forum, thus far, has been that the Trinidad Shorts are good, but not as good as the Cohiba Shorts. I concur with this view also. In summary, the Cohiba Shorts offers some mocha coffee, grass and honey sweetness at times, the Trinidad Shorts is more cream coffee and grass, less sweeter on the palate for my tastes. Then again, they're both fine for a 10 to 15 minute short smoke, but I would reach for the Cohiba Shorts more often if I had the choice.

• Thanks 4

I also found that the Trinidad shorts didn't pack such a strong nicotine punch as the Cohiba Shorts. So for those looking for something on the milder side in terms of strength - Trinidad shorts might be good for you.

• Like 1

Actually had my first Trindad short today - was just OK. Slight harshness throughout. Last half got hot and cigarette-like but the first half had a nice coffee and roasted nuts character. Can't complain too much for a 20 minute smoke. Still yet to try the CoSho's!

• Like 1

I must be the only guy on the forum who finds no practical use for the CoSho, mainly due to it’s size. To me it's over as soon as it begins, lacks any depth of flavor, burns hot and irregularly, feels too much like a cigarette, and you have to smoke it like a joint.

They do look kinda cool though.

Carry on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Islandboy said:

I must be the only guy on the forum who finds no practical use for the CoSho, mainly due to it’s size. To me it's over as soon as it begins, lacks any depth of flavor, burns hot and irregularly, feels too much like a cigarette, and you have to smoke it like a joint.

They do look kinda cool though.

Carry on.

You aren't alone......

• Like 1

I’m on the record as a CoSho ***** so no need to get into that again ;)

I’ve smoked 10+ of the TriSho and had about 50% that turned harsh and acrid. The other half of them was good, but I still enjoyed them less than the CoSho.

• Like 1

I prefer the Trinidad, I think it's creamier than the CoSho but I am not sure I could tell the difference on a blind test.

The Partagas Chicos is milder in my view, with more woody flavors and less earthy notes.

• Like 1

I've never tried the Trini Shorts but did try the Cohiba.  As an ex-cigarette smoker --it's been almost 20 years -- I decided pretty quickly that the shorts just hit too close to that place to which I have no intention of returning.  Plus, I thought the Cohiba nicotine hit was awfully strong for the size of the thing.  Just not for me.   

• Like 2