New regional for Russia.

Russian distributor going to make new regional vitola, third after Bolivar Emperador and Ramon Allones Hermitage.

the choosing is on final stage and we should choose one of 3 marcas and 3 sizes. 

marcas:

Diplomaticos

San Cristobal de la Habana

Quai d'Orsay

sizes:

52-110

56-125

55-120.

What do you think about that?

Oh jeez. None of these vitolas are appealing to me. It’s like choosing between death by electric chair or lethal injection or firing squad.

Guess the Petit Edmundo is the least bad one for me. I’d make it a diplomatico.

Edit: actually, make it a SCDLH since there were very few special releases so far, by comparison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If we talk about the regional edition as advertising to promote the brand in a particular country, none of this brands “is Russian". Russians like strong, smoky, bodied, tasty cigars of big formats. I agree that the Formats are proposed correctly.

As for brands:

- Diplomaticos dying brand with one regular Vitola

- San Cristobal, I like it, but there are few fans in Russia

- Quai d'orsay - the brand was rebranded, got new vitolas, originally a premium brand, it now requires ads for Russia

I vote for QdS format 55x120

• Like 1

52 SC here as well given the choices though Diplo second option...

• Like 1

I think those are all dumb, unoriginal sizes, too fat + too short.

I think I will not try to seek any of these out, no matter what Vitola chosen.

I think the RE program is making it easier on my pocketbook by releasing sizes I don't care for, which makes it easier to go after the releases I actually want.

you asked....:cigar:

• Like 2

Yeah, those are all passes for me too. I guess San Cristobal de la Habana something since its uncommon. Its kinda crazy how far the tastes of this forum seem to diverge from the apparent world wide mass market preferences. Its gets poo-poo'd here and still sells just fine.

• Like 1

I know you guys are in the final stages, but it would nice to see more of the culture celebrated with every counties regional, and not just aimless boxes.  I thought the artwork on the Diplomaticos Bushido was brilliant, would be really nice to see the regionals have more creative effort and imagination put into them I think it would be amazing if the Russian RE copied Marchese Salvatore Parisi's "Huevos No 1"   to celebrate Faberge Eggs.  The packaging and the cigars could be fantastic, and it would make the collectors go insane. 

1423308884_Screenshot2019-03-28at09_37_13.thumb.jpg.4ad3b457b894f8753e89d0100d4af0ad.jpg

272925db3165972d7d405bd589cc7869.jpg

Stefan, "Odessa, Kiev" (yet the Ukrainian cities) on the band , I'm afraid will cause the next international scandal. Only Saint-Petersburg and London can be left on the band

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

Stefan, "Odessa, Kiev" (yet the Ukrainian cities) on the band emoji12.png, I'm afraid will cause the next international scandal. Only Saint-Petersburg and London can be left on the band emoji2.png

haha,  apologies. 

Maybe a Bolshoi release??  It could be a mix box of 10 lanceros  (representing the female dancers ) and 10 Double coronas (representing the men)   With a sort of mimicked Davidoff brand. and inside the golden oval frame on the band, you could have a simply embossed figure of a ballerina.  Lovely stuff.....again collectors would go crazy. 

• Like 2

haha,  apologies. 
Maybe a Bolshoi release??  It could be a mix box of 10 lanceros  (representing the female dancers ) and 10 Double coronas (representing the men)   With a sort of mimicked Davidoff brand. and inside the golden oval frame on the band, you could have a simply embossed figure of a ballerina.  Lovely stuff.....again collectors would go crazy. 

Look at the Soviet chocolate "Inspiration»:
42f6e5526ec12707351eb722e76e1625.jpg
It remains to replace the chocolate bars with foil wrapped cigars and the original packaging is ready.
  • Like 2

Just now, nKostyan said:

t remains to replace the chocolate bars with foil wrapped cigars and the original packaging is ready.

Perfect.......in all seriousness though, this is exactly the kind on thing that gets people going crazy for releases.  I think the people involved in regional releases, should feel as if they have to show and celebrate their culture. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 99call said:

I know you guys are in the final stages, but it would nice to see more of the culture celebrated with every counties regional, and not just aimless boxes.  I thought the artwork on the Diplomaticos Bushido was brilliant, would be really nice to see the regionals have more creative effort and imagination put into them

I think it would be amazing if the Russian RE copied Marchese Salvatore Parisi's "Huevos No 1"   to celebrate Faberge Eggs.  The packaging and the cigars could be fantastic, and it would make the collectors go insane. 

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 09.37.13.jpg

second release named Hermitage - world known Russian museum and vitola de galera Genios. Genios and museums are obviously very connected )))

1 minute ago, Piligrim said:

second release named Hermitage - world known Russian museum

I'm not saying efforts are not being made, more that the releases the world over feel a bit lazy, when you look at something like Diplomaticos Bushido, or Cohiba's Chinese Zodiac in Spain.   I don't personally get excited by that kind of packaging, but the point is, is that if someone is going to call something "Vikingos" or some other stupid name.........back it up with some art work........or something!.     

For instance with the hermitage release, it would of been really cool to have something from the 'amber room' branded onto the box.    I'm all for keeping the expense down, (as I now margins are tight).  But it seems that when a region knows it has a hot release on their hands, they bump the price by 10% straight away anyway.    I just find it annoying that there are about 12 RA petit robustos now,  and they are all as unexciting as one another. 

I guess what I'm saying, is that when a region doesn't care at all what their regional is, or any concept etc.   it's sooooooo evident in the end result. 

• Like 1

I'm not saying efforts are not being made, more that the releases the world over feel a bit lazy, when you look at something like Diplomaticos Bushido, or Cohiba's Chinese Zodiac in Spain.   I don't personally get excited by that kind of packaging, but the point is, is that if someone is going to call something "Vikingos" or some other stupid name.........back it up with some art work........or something!.     
For instance with the hermitage release, it would of been really cool to have something from the 'amber room' branded onto the box.    I'm all for keeping the expense down, (as I now margins are tight).  But it seems that when a region knows it has a hot release on their hands, they bump the price by 10% straight away anyway.    I just find it annoying that there are about 12 RA petit robustos now,  and they are all as unexciting as one another. 
I guess what I'm saying, is that when a region doesn't care at all what their regional is, or any concept etc.   it's sooooooo evident in the end result. 

Great ideas! But it's still a dream... The reality is this: for packaging cigars is not enough dress boxes, boxes made terrible (crooked, rough). Cubans are not up to packaging, the main task is to sell more cigars. New packaging for limitadas and LCDH - a ray of hope in the realm of darkness.