Man Cave Build

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The room is taking longer than expected, but I finally have the humidor about where I want it.  The only issue is that the cooling system sucks a lot of the humidity out and I'm going through distille

It's about as done as it's gonna be...

There is still plenty of work to do, but here is an update.   The ventilation is strong and loud (even though it came with a muffler!).   Chairs will hopefully be in today.  Still have to in

1 minute ago, fuhrert said:

Direct sunlight is not appreciated by cigars...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

UV Protect the glass if you have it for the front door.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Riverstyx said:

Good point, but it won't be getting direct sunlight once it's all said and done.

That's exactly my plan, just need one more kid to move out so I can take over room! What is the plan for entry door into humidor? Big opening to fill, build out with single door? Sliding glass doors? Nice to have some etched glass with "humidor" on it.

• Like 1

Damn brother that all is coming together beautifully! I love the inlaid lights in the crown molding. Where are ya from? Time to plan a herf ?

• Thanks 1

Looks great, love to see more photos and hear about the progress.

I’ve been working on my man cave, and while I’m not ready to share my pictures just yet, I can share success with ventilating.

I’ve been partially opening two windows that are across the room from each other and blocked off the bottom half of one opening, and the top half of the other.  This, combined with an electric heater and cooler outdoor temps, creates a gentle cross flow where warm indoor air flows out the top opening of one window, and cool air comes in the lower opening on the other window.  It’s been working well enough when there is a temperature differential.  Simple and effective. If necessary, I open all the windows.  

The room usually gets sealed up soon after each smoking session, and a small air filter, with an internal UV bulb, runs on low all the time. The room has residual cigar odor but it’s mild and agreeable.

• Thanks 1

Looks great thanks for posting .... enjoy ? 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Riverstyx said:

A few updated photos. Initial construction coming to an end...then installing fan and koolr cooling for humidor. And furniture, etc. 

A760A7B6-F212-45E9-BA71-4FEC28D5996F.jpeg

2AF59E34-F851-4707-B482-DEA29E617678.jpeg

D0C47D10-8CC4-4308-B929-38A4C5B94C74.jpeg

4D4FA2F8-AF9A-46C1-AE66-118A15BDA1FB.jpeg

8B7CF418-620A-4199-9B6F-BE4AFC0D48FB.jpeg

Looks amazing.  Would love to take on a project like that someday, maybe when the kids stop taking all my money!  

Does that ever happen???

• Like 1