What’s your oldest cigar in your collection?

I was just thinking about what the avg age was of my cigars (2015).  And I have a 1989 Davidoff 3000 I am going to be smoking once the weather gets better here in MN.  My question is what is the oldest cigar in your collection and do you think you will be smoking it anytime soon or holding on to them even longer.  Other than the Davidoff I have Encantos from 2011 I am going to put down and age for another 5 years or so.

I've got a couple of 2008 Partagas Salomones (LCDH).  They are from my first or second full box purchase.  I'm thinking of polishing them off for fear they'll go flat on me, as many have.  Aging just for age-sake is often a total waste.   

Just smoked a Flor de Cano Corona from 1988, I think it was past its prime since it did not do that much for me, a non event Habano. 

Second I would say are the Punch Ninfas I have from 1998 and some SLR Churchills also from 1998. 

Rarest Cigars I have are 2 I bought at Raffi in Geneva Switzerland, they are from a Collectible 10:45 humidors., one is a Churchill the other one a Salomone. This Cigar Shop already closed, but these are my rarest pieces. 

I have a few odd Monte 5s and especiales from some boxes from the late 80s. Some are amazing and others definitely seem past their prime.  But they are older than I am and I'll probably keep a couple just so I can say that lol.

My actual oldest cigar is a Punch from the sixties. A Coronation in a Alutube.

Than it is a huge gap. SP Bachilleres from 1989, followed by a Partagas SdC No. 3 from 1999. 

I like when a bit of age is on.

And this was my oldest cigar I ever had. 

• Like 1

*I have 2 Montecristo A's that I bought back in 1997 in Atlanta, Georgia.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rcarlson said:

Back story on this, please.  

38 minutes ago, aphexafx said:

*faint, barely audible voice*    ...smoke...me...! ?

I'll try and recount correctly...

This is the second one that Bill had most graciously provided me - I did smoke the first.

If I recall correctly, he acquired them from the Gotham Cigar Museum. Prior to the embargo, Cuban tobacco was imported by cigar producers in the U.S. They produced what were called Clear Havanas - cigars rolled in the U.S. using Cuban tobacco.

I've had the good fortune of being able to meet up with Bill (and a number of his friends) in Boston a couple of different times some years back, where he shared these cigars with us.

P.S. I remembered that I did a short review of the one I did smoke, if anyone is interested:

• Like 3

A box of “pre 1985 “ monte 4s. I’ve only had a few and they are terrible. The strongest cigar I’ve smoked. Not sure what to make of them. Is it normal for a cigar that old to be unbearably bitter? I bought them from a legitamite lcdh. Was a sort of impulse buy when I first started buying boxes 

Oldest I have are a handful from the '70s.

Hoping to find a pre-embargo '59 in the next couple of months for a big birthday coming up!

A 2006 Punch Coronation Tubo, it is the last one from my first box purchase. It might get smoked soon though as I really enjoyed the rest of the box.

Has there been a Punch review weekend yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk