What’s your oldest cigar in your collection?

I have a box of Macanudo with jade wrappers still in plastic wrap.  Made in Jamaica, so they’re prior to Y2K.  Seem to me they’re a panatella or similar.   They’re skinnies for sure.   I know right where they are in the humidor too, which is odd because so much gets lost in those cabinets....

I don’t remember where I got them or why I have them.  

?

• Like 2

I have a 50 cab of 2002 Partagas coronas that I bought as aged stock here a few years ago and they are about half smoked.  They are very mellow and sublime and I find them very enjoyable.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 7:41 PM, ohbob976 said:

A box of “pre 1985 “ monte 4s. I’ve only had a few and they are terrible. The strongest cigar I’ve smoked. Not sure what to make of them. Is it normal for a cigar that old to be unbearably bitter? I bought them from a legitamite lcdh. Was a sort of impulse buy when I first started buying boxes 

Can you define "strong"?  Is that in relation to the bitter taste you discuss, or do they also have a lot of power (i.e. nicotine)?

10 hours ago, RickHendeson said:

Can you define "strong"?  Is that in relation to the bitter taste you discuss, or do they also have a lot of power (i.e. nicotine)?

id have to smoke another one. its been a a few months. if i remember correctly it was a combination of nicotine and flavor if that makes sense

1999 Punch Churchills.  Purchased 4 from a LCDH about a year ago.  Smoked one recently and was surprised at how much flavor and nicotine it possesed.  I felt like i needed to lay down after that one! 

• Like 2

Upmann Robustos from the travel humidor (May 08) just ahead of a Cuaba Piramides EL (Sep 08) gifted by@Luca.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Got what I think is an 1980s Davidoff no.2. Partagas 898 1980. And a box of 9 Los Statos Selectos from the 70s. Smoked one which had that nice mellow sweetness, but was quite mild.

Smoked a 1971 RyJ Coronas last month. Also was pleasant, mellow, sweet.

• Like 3

Two Sancho Panza Sanchos from 1999 in perfect condition - not a single crack or blemish. Brought from St James 1A - the now unfortunately closed Dunhill store in London. They used to have a few vintage options which were very reasonably priced by UK standards.

They are earmarked. One for when I finally buy my first house (almost through the laborious process now!) and another for after I get married next year.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...