juri

Your favorite under the radar cigar

4 come to mind:

HU Regalias always seem to pack a lot of flavor and fairly complex taste into a nice quickie. And they're reliably delicious every time I've smoked em. 

I know this is a SLR Regios crowd, but for $150 a box in Cuba, I am not sure there's a better cigar overall, when you factor in that it's not a little cigar.

San Cristobal El Principe--another little one with surprising amount of nuance and depth without overpowering. Similar in this regard to RG Perla.

Trinidad Reyes--despite the hype around Vigia, which I mostly love, and Topes which I haven't been impressed with, this small vitola is my favorite. I introduced a new CC fan to these and after about 1", he just said "this is perfect".

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DSegal said:

4 come to mind:

HU Regalias always seem to pack a lot of flavor and fairly complex taste into a nice quickie. And they're reliably delicious every time I've smoked em. 

I know this is a SLR Regios crowd, but for $150 a box in Cuba, I am not sure there's a better cigar overall, when you factor in that it's not a little cigar.

San Cristobal El Principe--another little one with surprising amount of nuance and depth without overpowering. Similar in this regard to RG Perla.

Trinidad Reyes--despite the hype around Vigia, which I mostly love, and Topes which I haven't been impressed with, this small vitola is my favorite. I introduced a new CC fan to these and after about 1", he just said "this is perfect".

I agree with the El Principe. Awesome change up from the Partagas Short. For how much I love the Vigia, I truly am underwhelmed by the Reyes. Maybe just a sick period since I got the box initially.

By the time this thread is done we'll have completed the entire HSA portfolio

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Used to be the Q D'O corona........but they're fully on the radar now. 😪

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JZBdano said:

PL Montecarlos, they are always in stock and less than $3/stick the last few months.  Why everyone doesn't have 5+ boxes resting is beyond me.

Well I do!

* Jose L` Piedras

• Like 1

I want to add the hoyo petit robustos and h upmann half coronas.  They are on 24:24 often enough but I love having a stock pile.  I keep refilling my huhc for weddings or outings where i want a dependable quick fix.  No complexity or evolution as they are too short for that bu the always come through.  Only had them with 2 years.  Excited to see what happens with age.

• Like 1

I had an Upmann coronas minor once that was way better that I ever expected. Been meaning to grab a box to see if it wasn’t just a fluke.  

SLR regios RG Petit corona and Fonseca #1 definitely my under the radars. 

RG Panetala extra. Nice short and sweet cigar my go to when I need a twenty min smoke.

Definitely the Dip 2's. They are just great every time i smoke one, yet a lot of people haven't even heard of them before. 

9 hours ago, aphexafx said:

I'm lucky and unlucky because I seem to love the cigars everyone else ignores, but I'm always nervous they'll get the chop.  24:24 is rarely stressful for me lol.

If the RyJ Cazadores counts, it's probably my favorite cigar during the summer.  There's an art to smoking them.  They are soooo good.  Dear to my heart.

Also the Monte Especiales No. 2.  Absolute gem.  One of the best cigars they make, imo.  I think @AbasCigar might agree.  Who else?  SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO CHERISH THESE THINGS.

Also, count me in @CaptainQuintero's Monte No. 3 fan club.  Love them to death.  My goto.

tell me more about this "art" i have a quarter box from a 2424 ive been resting up. have never tried a cazadores

23 minutes ago, ohbob976 said:

tell me more about this "art" i have a quarter box from a 2424 ive been resting up. have never tried a cazadores

I like them fresh so I buy my summer supply in march.  Let them acclimatize.  So what I mean is they can be kinda tannic and in your face when fresh (and strong) but if you take your time with them and work them a bit, you can coax all kinds of flavors and aromas out of them.  I'm fond of them because I enjoy strong pipe tobacco, I think.  Same with strong, rich, peppery Nicaraguan tobacco.  There's lots of flavors in strong tobacco, you just have to find them.  Nothing wrong with letting them rest of for a few years either.  :peace:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aphexafx said:

I like them fresh so I buy my summer supply in march.  Let them acclimatize.  So what I mean is they can be kinda tannic and in your face when fresh (and strong) but if you take your time with them and work them a bit, you can coax all kinds of flavors and aromas out of them.  I'm fond of them because I enjoy strong pipe tobacco, I think.  Same with strong. peppery Nicaraguan tobacco.  There's lots of flavors in strong tobacco, you just have to find them.  Nothing wrong with letting them rest of for a few years either.  :peace:

interesting. ill take that approach next time i encounter a bitter tannic cigar. I usually just dismiss the bitter ones and get frustrated with them. 

vegueros 

11 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Under the radar.....H.Upmann Connie No. 1. Seems that Connie A and B are all the rage, to me these fly under the radar, and are almost always reliably good. 

I agree.  I know that many people smoke them with relatively little age on them but I like them at least 5 years of age on them.  They are simply incredible at that age or older. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HDM Epi 1 & San Cristobal El Principe ...Tasty

7 hours ago, Edward7 said:

QdO54 and Siglo VI

think you have your radar set to scan for space craft 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, juri said:

for me its the RyJ petite churchill,

@juri on 24:24 today!

• Thanks 1