Cohiba Maduro 5 2018 (single from a sampler)

Sorry to hear about this experience. Sometimes with paying the extra for a Cohiba or Davidoff, you’d at least expect good construction even if the flavor is off. Also, I’m happy to say I have a box of JL2 that shipped today so I’m glad you held it at such a high regard. 

• Thanks 1

I find the maduro line requires some age. 4-5 plus years and they can be magical. I have smoked an OR magicos and had a box of magicos from the second or third year of release 08-09 if memory serves and they were excellent with age.
I have a PSP box of the genios that I am gonna sir on. I have smoked a few and they need some downtime for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Definitely had to go Google galangal! That type of sophistication doesn't reach up into Yorkshire :lol:

I'm in a similar boat to you, I struggle to find the worth in the maduro lines it's either bad luck or they're just not for me. I just don't think it's Cuba playing to it's strengths. I seem to be able to get a lot better 'maduro experience' from a NC if I fancy it. I can see why Cuba had expanded into the idea, but NC companies seem to have started to move away from the maduro craze. So give it 7/8 years for Cuba to catch up...

The only exception for me is the secretos; I'd have them regularly if the price was more friendly. Really special little sticks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Definitely had to go Google galangal! That type of sophistication doesn't reach up into Yorkshire :lol:

Wow-wow-wow!   Red rose country up here ?

the only reason I ever use it as a flavour note, it that it's such an unusual smell/flavour.   Ginger mixed with cut flowers/grass is how I'd describe galangal.   Aged ERDM GDE have it in spades........ehem.....in my opinion.......i realise many may think i'm on mind altering drugs

12 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

The only exception for me is the secretos; I'd have them regularly if the price was more friendly. Really special little sticks.

ive not had them as yet, Ill put them next on the list for my next "Cohiba trials"

5 minutes ago, 99call said:

Wow-wow-wow!   Red rose country up here ?

the only reason I ever use it as a flavour note, it that it's such an unusual smell/flavour.   Ginger mixed with cut flowers/grass is how I'd describe galangal.   Aged ERDM GDE have it in spades........ehem.....in my opinion.......i realise many may think i'm on mind altering drugs

Damn Lancastrians up in here on t'internet! Grab your codpiece, poleaxe and meet me on Bosworth at noon! :rotfl:

Honour aside, I'm going to have to look into galangal, it sounds like it could be great for giving gingerbread a bit of a change up. These new foodie things coming in are brill. First pasteurisation now fancy ginger!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I'm going to have to look into galangal, it sounds like it could be great for giving gingerbread a bit of a change up

don't do it!  outside of a thai curry paste it's truly horrible to eat.   It's like breaking into a botanical gardens and munching on some sort of green toxic amazonian bulb.

We still call in "t'interwebs" here, and yes it's powered by Tory led fracking

• Haha 1