Quintero

Brian24

Smoked my first Quintero yesterday. Honestly, the aroma was very pleasant. It just didn’t translate to the taste, just very bland. Don’t think I will be back. Plenty of other flavorful cheapies to enjoy in the yard or for non regular smoker distribution.

Besides, I’d rather introduce a non regular smoker to a good cigar. Spread the hobby around. IMG_4223.jpg

Don’t know the age or box, purchased a couple singles from our host.

• Like 1

The beauty of CC is that any HSA cigar can be smoked. It can be bitter or rough, but everything is solved by aging. At the same time, hundreds of NC cigars have a disgusting taste and nothing will fix them.

I buy Quintero for my friends- newbies in Smoking, the taste of which is content with simple and cheap light cigars.

• Like 2

I was gifted one, it's from 1986 with cello. I'm going to smoke it the end of this month during a 4 day herf weekend. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

I'm afraid that for a long time this cigar has lost its taste...

Me too, but we will see.....I am not expecting much from it

• Like 1

You've smoked Quintero from 1986? That statement is very definitive, in my opinion. Or do all '80s Quintero no bueno?

Let's see... I smoked aged post 2002 released. Since 2002, the twist has changed to "Totalmente a Mano", but the addition of a mixture of leaves from Semi-Vuelta and Tripa corta remained. The main condition for successful aging is high strenght and body.
In any case, it will be interesting to see if something has matured in the taste will there be anything other than the taste of grass in Quintero 1986

19 hours ago, Brian24 said:

Smoked my first Quintero yesterday. Honestly, the aroma was very pleasant. It just didn’t translate to the taste, just very bland. Don’t think I will be back. Plenty of other flavorful cheapies to enjoy in the yard or for non regular smoker distribution.

Besides, I’d rather introduce a non regular smoker to a good cigar. Spread the hobby around. IMG_4223.jpg

Don’t know the age or box, purchased a couple singles from our host.

What vitola was it?  I had a nice tasty Panatela in Amsterdam last week.

I always have the Favoritos on hand - good for smoking whist pottering about in the garden/garage etc. They seem to suit outdoor pursuits due to their rough and ready nature and are forgiving of frequent relights when put down and forgotten for ten minutes.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• 1 month later...

Give them some time to mellow in the humidity.  I have both the Favorito and Petit Quintero and they have become quite good.  Hang in there and reply back in about 6 most on them!