Worst Airports?

Many in our community travel frequently. Let's give it up for your worst airports in the world. :thumbsup:

Mine

1. LAX 

For a non American travelling through LAX....it is an eyeopener to a world of narcissism and belittlement. 

2. Mexico city

It's just one big zoo. We lost our mate macho one year......and he was just going to the bathrooms. 

3. Manilla

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LaGuardia: there is an area of LGA if you’re flying United or American that once you get past security there is not a single place to buy an alcoholic beverage. Unfathomable in my mind. 

I've flown twice internationally out of LAX.  We're heading to China in June and my one request to my wife, who made the travel plans, was 'avoid LAX no matter the cost'.       H

LAX immigration for non Americans is what irks.  The yelling at people , the rudeness, the purposeful intimidation. it's just not Border Security/TSA.  last November we were yelled at by a hag di

LaGuardia: there is an area of LGA if you’re flying United or American that once you get past security there is not a single place to buy an alcoholic beverage. Unfathomable in my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Zurich (still rooted in the 1950s, except for a small but nice walk in humidor that is way overpriced). Otherwise a complete grind. 

Munich -  snacks? Try a pretzel with butter and a green pepper on top. Makes the Fyre Festival look first class. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel fortunate that my "Home" airport, PVD, is small and very easy to navigate.

O'Hare (Chicago), Logan (Boston) and Newark Liberty are among my least favorite to transit through. Mexico City was tough the first time or two, but I'm used to it now, and it's pretty easy to get around.

Oh, and Dulles, while fairly easy to navigate, looks and feels like nothing has been changed since it was built in the early 60's

Washington Dulles is quite unpleasant. I've always found the security situation there to cause things to take far too long. The other airport I remember finding really unpleasant was Charlotte, North Carolina, though I have only been there twice quite a long time ago.

YYZ - Toronto just earned a promotion to the top of the list after our trip through two weeks ago.  Most inconvenient, not traveler friendly airport...EVER!  I'd start up on Air Canada but that's not what the thread is about.

Both Chicago airports.  Always a delay going in/out of the windy city!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Many in our community travel frequently. Let's give it up for your worst airports in the world. :thumbsup:

Mine

1. LAX 

For a non American travelling through LAX....it is an eyeopener to a world of narcissism and belittlement.

I've flown twice internationally out of LAX.  We're heading to China in June and my one request to my wife, who made the travel plans, was 'avoid LAX no matter the cost'.

13 minutes ago, GernBlansten said:

YYZ - Toronto just earned a promotion to the top of the list after our trip through two weeks ago.  Most inconvenient, not traveler friendly airport...EVER!  I'd start up on Air Canada but that's not what the thread is about.

How is this possible?  It's named after one of Rush's best jams!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

LGA is by far the worst of major US airports. Perpetually under construction with extremely limited food / beverage options as each gate has their own security.

Oh and they routinely go down to one runway because of wind... Maybe this wasn't a good place to build an airport if there's too much wind for the runways to function.

23 minutes ago, tigger said:

I feel fortunate that my "Home" airport, PVD, is small and very easy to navigate.

O'Hare (Chicago), Logan (Boston) and Newark Liberty are among my least favorite to transit through. Mexico City was tough the first time or two, but I'm used to it now, and it's pretty easy to get around.

Oh, and Dulles, while fairly easy to navigate, looks and feels like nothing has been changed since it was built in the early 60's

I understand how ORD can be miserable for connections with all the delays, but at least there's great restaurants and several airline lounges! Also, I don't know why every other city doesn't have the public transit system end inside the airport like both Chicago airports do. 

• Like 2

LAX is bewilderingly awful. I don't exactly know what the "narcissism and belittlement" part is, but on the bright side, they're spending a bunch of $ to improve the transport aspect in the next couple of years.

A good airport? Burbank. It's small, and the bag claim is outdoors!

Newark Liberty and Atlanta.  Horrible, miserable places to fly into or through.  

I find LGA to be a dump but not a terrible airport.  Hopefully once they finish construction in 2100, it will at least be nicer to look at.   

LGA is so astonishingly awful. LAX had been right there, but they've been renovating it and last I was there in January it was decidedly out of its former third world status. LGA, and then maybe PHL right after that, are just amazingly bad. ORD's (my home airport) problems have always been weather related, the actual airport I've always liked.

Least Favs:

LAX - to small to security, bottleneck is unreal

ATL - just to spread out, hate connecting flights there

MCO - parking situation is confusing with new part and that damn tram.  

Note:  I’m sure if I lived there it wouldn’t be tricky.

Favs:

ORD - I live here so while busy and picking up can be challenging it’s easy to navigate.

RSW - so easy and small and it’s vacation time

SAN - easy and small and it’s vacation time

PSP - easy and small and it’s vacation time

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kevpro said:

LGA is by far the worst of major US airports. Perpetually under construction with extremely limited food / beverage options as each gate has their own security.

Oh and they routinely go down to one runway because of wind... Maybe this wasn't a good place to build an airport if there's too much wind for the runways to function.

While the wind is a factor the bigger factor is the volumes to JFK and TEB.  Where they could use the other runway when winds shift the departure puts them into protected airspace for arrivals and departures for these neighboring airports.

Fort Lauderdale has one crappy  restaurant and lounges for people flying United and Delta only. ??

Not impressed with Atlanta or LAX either. Denver security is a total nightmare- pandemonium with people continuously trying to sneak through the TSA precheck line.  It’s a zoo and I avoid it if possible. 

I’m surprised with the negative comments about Chicago Midway. I’ve flown through there numerous times without incident. 

My hometown airport, Pittsburgh International, is tiny and outdated, but the city has plans to renovate over the next few years. The best thing about it is that it’s rarely packed, so you can get around rather easily. 

44 minutes ago, Cayman17 said:

I’m surprised with the negative comments about Chicago Midway. I’ve flown through there numerous times without incident. 

1 hour ago, Nabil said:

ORD's (my home airport) problems have always been weather related, the actual airport I've always liked.

I agree that most ORD issues are weather related and therefore negatively affect connections, but as a hub it's great. I fly weekly and can't remember the last time I had a connection to anywhere in the US and the AA reserved PreCheck line has saved me from several missed flights.

If you are delayed, the Publican in terminal 3 is the best airport restaurant I've been to. 

Midway is just small and not a lot of food options but easy to get in and out of