Worst Airports?

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:06 PM, GernBlansten said:

YYZ - Toronto just earned a promotion to the top of the list after our trip through two weeks ago.  Most inconvenient, not traveler friendly airport...EVER!  I'd start up on Air Canada but that's not what the thread is about.

Both Chicago airports.  Always a delay going in/out of the windy city!

For Canadian airports, Toronto takes the gold medal.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LaGuardia: there is an area of LGA if you’re flying United or American that once you get past security there is not a single place to buy an alcoholic beverage. Unfathomable in my mind. 

I've flown twice internationally out of LAX.  We're heading to China in June and my one request to my wife, who made the travel plans, was 'avoid LAX no matter the cost'.       H

LAX immigration for non Americans is what irks.  The yelling at people , the rudeness, the purposeful intimidation. it's just not Border Security/TSA.  last November we were yelled at by a hag di

On 4/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, amberleaf said:

Is it only Cuban airports that make you go through a security check on arrival? Had a nightmare at Holguin a few years ago when three planes including ours arrived at pretty much the same, cue several hundred people in the arrivals hall having to wait to have their bags scanned through only one working x-ray machine.

Went through Mozambique for a hunt in Zimbabwe. They pulled all of us white people aside to check our bags. Starring at us with wide angry eyes they took shit from our bags and threw them on the floor. They smashed my $75 electric razor on the floor and tried to get a reaction out of me. I just nodded and waited (not even going to get a head shake out of me, I'm terrified)... got to Zimbabwe and asked our guide about it, he laughed and said welcome to Southern Africa, stay close to me and I will make sure you dont get shot. He got a good tip, also knew his hunting and fishing grounds like a boss. 

For Canadian airports, Toronto takes the gold medal.

For domestic I would agree but for international Vancouver is far and away the best in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, LLC said:

For domestic I would agree but for international Vancouver is far and away the best in Canada.

During my most recent trip to Cuba through Toronto last month, I flew in from BC landed in Toronto at 12:10am. We had to pick up our luggage from domestic & then re-check it into international.  My wife & I go up to security to check the bags & find a comfy seat until our 8am flight ... everything is closed until 4 am.  We had to sit on some cheap plastic patio chairs for 4.5 hours in the airport lobby/terminal.  How is even possible with a city & airport that size that you can't pass security between 12-4am? 

Image result for toronto airport plastic patio chairs

During my most recent trip to Cuba through Toronto last month, I flew in from BC landed in Toronto at 12:10am. We had to pick up our luggage from domestic & then re-check it into international.  My wife & I go up to security to check the bags & find a comfy seat until our 8am flight ... everything is closed until 4 am.  We had to sit on some cheap plastic patio chairs for 4.5 hours in the airport lobby/terminal.  How is even possible with a city & airport that size that you can't pass security between 12-4am? 
190609055966lg.jpg

Does seem crazy but it may be related to no flights been able to take off between midnight and 5 or 6 am.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:43 PM, GrouchoMarx said:

Fort Lauderdale - how anyone cannot say it sucks would be beyond me.

Heathrow - escalators between terminals are downright scary!

Toronto YYZ - well, once you GET to your terminal its pretty good. As they say "getting there is half the fun"

Montreal YUL - you'll get your 10,000 steps in on your fitbit for sure!

Rome - you get to hunt for your bags are various carousels...

Ft Lauderdale is small. I know they say it's an international, but it's small for only going to the Islands to the south Trinidad, cuba all south America places. I love it cause I fly right into it from Dubai on Emirates. Ft Lauderdale is home. The domestic area does need a lot of work to make it better.