JOKER - Trailer

MIKA27

The First Teaser For Joker

Get ready to say hello to an all-new incarnation of Batman’s most infamous foe.

Warner Bros. just dropped our first look at Todd Philips’ Joker, an origin story re-imagining how a normal man, named Arthur Fleck, descends into darkness to be reborn as the titular villain—this time played by Joaquin Phoenix, and not Jared Leto, who’s Joker has an at-best mildly confusing future in the DC Universe with the arrival of this movie.

This is, really, outside of a few pictures, our first tangible look at just what Joker is going for...and even then, we still don’t know much, like how the film’s take on the Wayne family will factor into Arthur’s downfall.

We’ll no doubt get a lot more on Joker soon—after all, it’s hitting theatres on October 3.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this and got instantly excited. I've gone back and watched the trailer at least 5 more times. I love the way they are portraying joker and if Joaquin Phoneix does as good as the trailer makes him out to be with a slight creepiness and cackling laugh, I will LOVE this movie.

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 9:24 AM, ayepatz said:

Can’t see him topping Heath Ledger.

Mind you, when Dark Knight came out, I was the guy saying, “Can’t see him topping Jack Nicholson.” ?‍♂️

Heath ledger was a great joker and I was very much like yourself, saying he would be bad.

Phoenix is a brilliant actor so I think he will not disappoint. 

Saying this, this movie will NOT follow any of the DC comic story telling.

The writer and directors are placing their own spin on the lore with Joker and apparently, there are more movies being made on other various DC characters that will not be through the "Official" DC licensed channels. This gives writers more freedoms to portray these stories in their own way and I think from memory, these series of movies will be called DC Dark. Based off DC comic "Multiverse" stories, theories. It's basically an open slate.

• 1 month later...

In The New Joker Trailer, A Broken Man Becomes Batman's Greatest Foe

We’ve already had a few glimpses of Todd Phillips’ take on how a man like the Joker could come to existence, even in the already sordid world of Gotham City. But this latest look dives even further into the haunting downfall of Joaquin Phoenix’s Arthur Fleck.

Warner Bros. just released a brand new trailer for Joker, a movie that is coming way, way sooner than you’d think considering we’ve barely seen any of it!

Set as an origin story entirely separate from any previous cinematic iteration of Batman’s most enduring foe, the movie follows Fleck as the world around him begins to crumble, pushing stresses on the man that apparently lead to his complete undoing — and his rebirth as the cackling, calculated crown prince of crime.

Starring Joaquin Phoenix, Zazie Beetz, Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy, Brett Cullen and Marc Maron, Joker hits Australian theatres October 3.