HDM EPICURE NO.2 - TRU SEP 18

• 1 month later...

Hey all, relatively new to cubans (and the finer points of cigars in general). These were among my top first choices to try out - will aging them reduce the ammonia notes and such? I was attracted to the flavor/notes description as cedar/cream/toast.

Nice review!
I think at the age of 1 year they will be good. Now they have not yet passed acclimatization. I got a wonderful box ESL Jun 18, the nature of it is very similar to Cohiba, but the price will give odds.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2019 at 12:54 AM, nKostyan said:

Nice review!
I think at the age of 1 year they will be good. Now they have not yet passed acclimatization. I got a wonderful box ESL Jun 18, the nature of it is very similar to Cohiba, but the price will give odds.

Wondering if you've tried one from your ESL Jun 18 box?  I have an EOS Feb 18 box from which I have tried 3 now.  Each has had consistent construction and burn, but not much of a flavor profile.  Do you think more age will help? 

Wondering if you've tried one from your ESL Jun 18 box?  I have an EOS Feb 18 box from which I have tried 3 now.  Each has had consistent construction and burn, but not much of a flavor profile.  Do you think more age will help? 

I'm already Smoking my box. As a rule, aging helps if you feel that the flavor is hidden behind:

- high strength

- tannins

- ammonia

But in any case, if you feel that your CC that something is wrong, you need to wait. I've had cases where only acclimatization required about a year.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

How much age is the "rule" to rest Epi 2? I have a RUM sep 2018 box which I've smoked 1 out of, definatley young but had promise.

6 hours ago, Ry27 said:

How much age is the "rule" to rest Epi 2? I have a RUM sep 2018 box which I've smoked 1 out of, definatley young but had promise.

there is no rule but i would say 5 years minimum and you will have some nice smokes....but try one every so often until you hit the sweet spot that you like ,..i mean they might be fine after say 18 months of adjusting to your humidor ..just try them ..its the only way to find out .

i tried another from my cab the other day just out of curiosity and it had improved massively from the first one i had in this review.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:23 AM, wmcstudios said:

Hey all, relatively new to cubans (and the finer points of cigars in general). These were among my top first choices to try out - will aging them reduce the ammonia notes and such? I was attracted to the flavor/notes description as cedar/cream/toast.

yes it will disperse usually after about 18 months..but not completely 

• 2 months later...