CNN. The secret world of cigars

I'm curious what the editor was thinking cutting from, "we have cigars from $14 to $250 (or whatever the top end was)," to "...you can smoke...very inexpensive cigars."

Granted, they're talking about single cigars in New York City, but the most expensive of my "go tos" is under 14 bucks apiece by the box. And it's a darn fine smoke.  

30 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Elitest drivel.

Why do these type of vids always show a world of suits......:rolleyes:

So distant from the real cigar world.

Hmm...

I guess there's a bum for every seat. I don't know the context of the vid (cnn money), but I imagine if a bunch of lawyers, bankers, etc were meeting up after work, they'd probably still be wearing suits. I also imagine that the cigar world, both real and how we each imagine it, has many facets. I guess better they're promoting cigars versus rallying against them.

Do they wear suits at the Habanos festivals? How do they promote their cigars?

Whatevs.....

• Like 1

*At the end of the video I had to remark to myself that there were no "Habanas" among the smokes:

But then, the fact that the first cigar band displayed was from a Las Cabrillas stunned me - WHO smokes those :blink:  :confused:  The first one I tried back in my beginning of getting into this hobby I tried one - one.  I said, "Never again." Some Don Tomas` I've had in past years were actually superb IMHO. However - it does seem like sacrilege to ever talk about cigar smoking and class without including something from Cuba.

This plays to a stereotype for many.  I'm a suit, and rarely wear one when I'm at any club.  Stinks 'em up bad -- and come on.  Not comfortable.  

But I also know the fat Tarantino type in the video that populate some of the places intown, always in the financial districts where dry aged steaks are within arm's reach.

They could've done better with this subject though.  But hey, usual lazy CNN filler.     

Just now, Colt45 said:

Sometimes they look okay.....  :lol3:

:rotfl:

I think that is the last time I wore a suit in Havana!

Shoot me through the original Ross and I will send it to the  lads :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

:rotfl:

I think that is the last time I wore a suit in Havana!

Shoot me through the original Ross and I will send it to the  lads :thumbsup:

I still remember you telling everyone that they must wear a jacket to the festival.... and you turn up without yours. Thanks, bwana! :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I still remember you telling everyone that they must wear a jacket to the festival.... and you turn up without yours. Thanks, bwana! :P

.......Rookies :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Elitest drivel.

Why do these type of vids always show a world of suits......:rolleyes:

So distant from the real cigar world. 

Two things about this video.   First this seems like a fluff piece that was done because someone at CNN knows the Owner/Manager of Club Macanudo.   Secondly I listen to a podcast and the person that runs the podcast always says if you ever wonder how wrong the media is all the time wait until they do a piece on you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cubadust said:

Not as bad as I thought it would be if you just listen to what is said and block out the elevator music. As long as you enjoy a cigar I don't care how you dress.

Clothing is required, though.  Just saying...