Min

A lady asked me to put out my cigar at an outdoor cigar lounge

A lady! Good God no.

A man once said to Mr Beaver, “Did you get your driver’s licence in a #%^**#% cereal box?”

😂

CB

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have seen this many here (in Switzerland) .People complaining about smoke clouds when sitting outside at a lounge or a bar.

Once i also got someone asking me to leave the lake shore as I was disturbing the natural "ambiance" of the site where a lot of young people smoke even magical herbs and the they never get bored or asked to stop smoking.

24 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

[...] can call the police if they thinks I was in the wrong.

Police came and told them to move away !!!

So funny sometimes how people behave.

• Like 4

I would have replied, "Of course, madame", and then dropped the lit cigar into her drink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've had it happen once, and I politely responded that the guy should not hang out at an outdoor "smoking area" if he didn't like smoke. He called the manager, and manager told him the same, the outdoor smoking area was just that, for the sake of smoking! 

On the other side of the coin, every time I light up a cigar at my beach (yes, the wife and I call it "our" beach because my MIL's condo is there, LOL), I have at least 2 or 3 people tell me how good my cigar smells!

• Like 4

I would say:  "Madam, at this moment I am smoking, and you are a dimwit.  When I am done with this cigar, I shall no longer be smoking, but you will still be a dimwit" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yep.  Happened to me at the St. Regis in Atlanta.  

I would have replied, "Of course, madam. For you I will put out my cigar... when I am done with it.".... then light another cigar when you finsih the first.

My next door neighbor, who I don't like but loves me, has "dropped in" while I smoke in my garage. She says you know that's bad for you right? That's weird, these are prescription cigars issued to me by my pulmonologist. Really? I'm kidding, but thanks for the advice. Now get out of my garage so I can smoke in peace. (Inside voice ... Just this last piece)

Last week I went to my ENT due to a sinus infection. I asked that he check out the plumbing since I was there. I said I'm a cigar smoker, that's why I ask. How many cigars we talking? I said in warm weather, at least one a day. He goes... Ok. Then does his thing. Says you're good to go. Voice box looks great. Clean bill. No preachy shit. No talk about smoking cessation, and he's a medical professional. I like him. I'll be visiting him whenever I need an ENT. 

If a doctor can stop himself, why can't these numb nutsesssessses keep to themselves? 🤬

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

*I can't understand why this complaint would be made at an OUTDOOR SMOKING LOUNGE!!! :blink:  I can endure cigar smoke W-A-A-A-Y before cigarette smoke, and NOT just because I'm an aficionado of the leaf.  Before I got in to cigars cigarettes were still able to be smoked indoors, and they always made me cough or irritated my membranes...but I never complained. I hope that lady was set straight before that day or night was out :mellow:  

• Like 1

Sometimes a lady just wants to draw attention to her person because she's bored 😘

• Haha 3

First night in Cuba ... a lady knocked on my door and asked if I was smoking in my room because she could smell it in her room .

my reply

**** off lady we are not in Canada anymore !!!

she got pretty torched ... but lucky for me she never spoke to me again .

derrek

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have. My daughter works at a popular juice and coffee bar in Copenhagen. They have a few tables out on the sidewalk in front of the shop. One Sunday morning early I went there and had a coffee to enjoy outside. I brought a Co Mad5 to smoke. 20 minutes into the stick, a lady approached me and asked if I could please put out my cigar. The was a shop owner 3 shops down. She’d been into the juice bar and asked who I was and my daughter had told her the man smoking was her father. I politely told the lady that I would stretch myself to put out the cigar IF she paid me the 25 USD for the stick. She declined and I smoked on. The audacity some people have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JGD said:

One morning while having a smoke on my front porch a guy ran by, stopped at my house, and then proceeded to tell me that if I don’t put the cigar out he was going to kick my ass. I proceeded to laugh uncontrollably while puffing away. He then just ran off...

WTF??..🤣🤣

7 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Some people.. :D  I don't know if I told this one before.  The wife and I were at a Mexican resort.  Huge place, monstrous pool, lots of space, few people around, etc.  We picked a nice quiet spot where we could hang out, drink, smoke, read etc.  I walked to bar, way at the other end of the pool, and walked by an older couple. They gave me the stink eye as I walked by, puffing on an RyJ Churchill. Went backs the same way. Same stink eye.  About a half hour later, I see the guy walking around the pool towards us. He stands there in front of us, hands on his hips then points and says "I find that deeply offensive!"  "This is a no smoking resort don't you know?!"  I calmly told him, yes it was non smoking. In the restaurants and rooms. Outside was fair game though. I had to remind him that he walked by four large ashtrays embedded into the side walks of the resort.  My wife, who doesn't smoke, but used to. Took another route; she ripped into him. :D  I had to calm her down and tell the guy to get lost.  He went to the bar to speak to someone there about the smoking. From a distance, I saw a few of the staff respond to him with a shrug.  The kinda shrug that says "he's fine to do that Senor"  He avoided us like the plague for the rest of the week.  

It's Mexico!!! LOL. It's ALWAYS the foreign guests. Mexicans are cool with it.