Bushido - Which one is real?

zyxwvu44

12 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

could it be as simple as that they have a couple of printing machines and one has the wonky 'i' and one does not? 

Occam's razor, right? In this case, though, I personally doubt it - it's just too easy to replace the bands.

• Like 1

I’m leaning towards re-used bands. According to CCW, LFdC Grandiosos was released a year before Bushido and has a similar RG, and the pic of the Grandiosos on CCW have an accent mark. LGC Revolution was released the year after Bushido and it also has the accent mark, although it’s 55 RG so it’s not as close in RG to the bushido, so maybe that doesn’t support my theory.

When Partagas Selección Privada EL was released, they printed special bands with the name on it but some of them got the regular bands. I don’t know but I think it’s totally reasonable that they had two types of bands and just mixed them up.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

On 4/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, bundwallah said:

Then the cigar pictured in CCW is fake?  It has no tilde.  If I can dig out mine, I'll take a look and post a pic.

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/diplomaticos

The cigar pictured on CCW (no accent) is as real as possible - it was sent to me by a PCC exec in Hong Kong.

My opinion on this is both real. They just had two different bands going for whatever reason (left overs, changed halfway through the batch, two machines etc).

Would be very keen for you to smoke 'em and see though.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread again, but did this ever get figured out for certain?

Edit: FWIW, I checked two boxes from 2015 and one from 2016 and all lacked the accent.