Psiman

Wineador is full with more cigars on the way

I have a half box of RyJ Petit Royales and a 6er of Siglo I’s along with a 6er of Bolivar Royal Coronas and a 6er of Vegas Robaina Famosos coming and not sure they will fit. May have to nix the shelving and then can probably fit 3 or four more boxes. Was said to only hold 250 cigars but I already have about 300 given they are all smaller cigars. I guess shelves are unnecessary. It’s going to be a Tetrisdor soon. Could I get 400 in this thing?

124C65E5-D86F-414A-8433-DA0E701730FC.jpeg

• Like 1

Shelves were the first thing to go with mine

Yeah I’m taking the shelves out of mine too. Waste of space, I should have got a bigger one, I might sell it and go bigger 😊

It's amazing how much room the shelves take up lol. Also got rid of mine early on.

I filled two at the same time, ordered extra cedar shelves and ended up only using 2 in each. Maybe I'll buy 2 more, or 1 large unit to use the rest of the shelves.

i have to have cooling because it get's very and hot and dry in L.A. and Tuperdors are too risky and the Newairs are not crazy priced. I forgot that I also have a half Cab. of PLPC's coming as well. I need to stay off of 24:24. This thing is going to be jammed with over 350 cigars. I ought to send pics to Newair ,to prove how many more sticks can fit than what they say. Many people whine about units not fitting as many cigars as advertised but with the sizes I typically smoke it's fine. I only need one 62% large Boveda bag to humidify because there is very little extra space and it holds humidity perfect. 

11 hours ago, Psiman said:

I have a half box of RyJ Petit Royales and a 6er of Siglo I’s along with a 6er of Bolivar Royal Coronas and a 6er of Vegas Robaina Famosos coming and not sure they will fit. May have to nix the shelving and then can probably fit 3 or four more boxes. Was said to only hold 250 cigars but I already have about 300 given they are all smaller cigars. I guess shelves are unnecessary. It’s going to be a Tetrisdor soon. Could I get 400 in this thing?

124C65E5-D86F-414A-8433-DA0E701730FC.jpeg

The selves are not completely useles because they absorb water and also smell good.

• Like 1

Coolidor is the way to go for cost. I have a Tupperdor similar to the one posted but smaller. Mine only hold about 150. I am going to purchase another but they were out of stock the last time I was in the shops.

Not the best recommendation but if you are really in need of more space, store the boxes elsewhere and organize large bundles of "loose" sticks.  This will create a lot of space but not solve it as you have the same addiction we all do and there is no stopping.1555565807493496016799530452209.thumb.jpg.c3c0aaa893738c5bdf954e6350bd09b3.jpg

Mine started as my ultimate solution to storage, that quickly filled, now it's my "singles" stash so I dont need to open my coolers each time I want variety.  You can definitely cram more, I think I've capped around 400 of all different sizes.  But you will quickly need a cooler set up.  Thick wall, high r value, marine grade.  No regrets.  Rtic randomly has sales.  Highly recommend them.

• Like 2

I may get another Newair like the one I have. $240 is not breaking the bank. It's too bad all the cedar shelves will go to waste. I called and they said they won't sell without shelves. Newair is an L.A. based company but I bought mine through Home Depot because they offer a 3 year extended warranty for only $30.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:11 AM, Chucko8 said:

Plastic containers are working well for me on excess.

image.png.2f66b1148a6f7a9aee3185e7f3a3a0b8.png

Very similar, almost exact, to my excess storage. Bovedas seem to last forever in these airtight containers. Best thing about this is the smell that  permeates and fills the room when you open one up. 

-Shake 

• Like 2

I started with a small tupperware container, then a larger one, and then a larger one.

Now I have a NewAir 281E and three tupperware containers.  My wife is none to pleased.  Yet more cigars are incoming :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HopeUgood said:

@Bucky McSwensen those Rtic coolers look badass! Thanks for suggesting them 

RTIC rocks.  I have a ton of RTIC stuff.  All seems 'military grade'.  Well made and will likely outlive me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bmf30180 said:

RTIC rocks.  I have a ton of RTIC stuff.  All seems 'military grade'.  Well made and will likely outlive me.

I think they have a 25% off thingy now.  I got one of the 145 quart ones a while back for 40% off.  Definitely keep an eye on them, snag em when you can and lord knows you will fill it.  I thought the big one would solve all my potential storage issues for years.  It's full now.

36 minutes ago, Sorrowful said:

I have an aristocrate cabinet humidor and mine is full with the shelves bending. I wish they still made humidors, now I gotta find something else that's similar.

20190301_211837.jpg

That's impressive! I'd be willing to bet I paid less for my 2,400 sq. foot house in Alabama than the cost of everything shown in this pic. Damn! One thing I love about Alabama.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dmpotocek said:

I have a 110 qt cooler that I keep all of my overflow stock in. I initially bought it to supplement my wineador while I came up with a long term solution. For the money you can’t beat it, as they hold humidity incredibly well.

870845784051dfd7e1af1e30854662c3.jpg

I have had the same bovedas in there for close to 2 years. I managed to fit 1,000 sticks in this one and have started filling a second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you estimate around/close to 40 boxes in there?

-Shake

Would you estimate around/close to 40 boxes in there?

-Shake

Give or take 40 boxes. Mostly boxes of 25, a few 50’s and a few 10’s. Mostly Robustos, PC’s, Corona Gordas with a few bigger sticks mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk