New wineador set-up help?

Elgallo55

my current humidor is full, im currently thinking on getting a wineador for some boxes i have on the way, (NewAir AW-181E) is gonna be mostly to stored boxes. How to set it up? Can i keep right humidity using only boveda packs? In my current humidor i have a cigar oasis that works great, however the idea of using only boveda packs since easier and cheaper if it actually does the same job. Thanks in advance.

I use 2 of these, stacked, and use the large Boveda packs in both. Never had an issue. Let it season for 24 hours, filled with boxes, and holds great at 65-66/65-66. Depends on your environment where it will be stored as well. Keep it out of direct sunlight.

I have one cedar shelf on the bottom, and one closer to the top. No more, so I can fit max amount of boxes. I also put one CPU fan in each setup on a timer as well so there is no moisture

I use 2 of these, stacked, and use the large Boveda packs in both. Never had an issue. Let it season for 24 hours, filled with boxes, and holds great at 65-66/65-66. Depends on your environment where it will be stored as well. Keep it out of direct sunlight.
I have one cedar shelf on the bottom, and one closer to the top. No more, so I can fit max amount of boxes. I also put one CPU fan in each setup on a timer as well so there is no moisture

You mean just one 320 gram boveda is good enough for the whole wineador? Also are yours plugged in or unplugged, i ask because i read that some people unplugged them. Thank you for replying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Elgallo55 said:

You mean just one 320 gram boveda is good enough for the whole wineador? Also are yours plugged in or unplugged, i ask because i read that some people unplugged them. Thank you for replying 

Ha no, that was plural for sure. I *think* I have at least 6 of the large Boveda cardboard packs in each. The CPU fans are setup on a timer to run for 5 minutes every 30 minutes, I believe. I also have everything plugged into an APC battery backup in case I lost power (so the timer doesn't reset itself and so the unit doesn't turn on).

I've got a Whynter 251 using it for boxes with 4 x 320g at 65%RH Boveda and it works fine and dandy.  Drain hole plugged, no pooling or condensation issues.  Although I likely only have about 350 sticks in mine at the moment.  I haven't tried a CPU fan yet, but mine certainly seems to exhibit the whole humid air rises phenomenon.  Doesn't bother me too much as there's only a registered couple % difference between the top and bottom.

I probably have about a dozen of the normal sized bovedas in mine. Probably not necessary, but I've never had any issues. Definitely do not use the oasis in a wineador. Theres no way for the excess moisture to get out, and it could get bad fast.

you'll find its far easier than you're probably making it in your head :)

if you're not worried about temps (most people's houses are fine temp-wise) then just toss your boxes and bovedas in and go :)

• 6 months later...
On 4/16/2019 at 2:44 AM, Hollywood Ninja said:

I've got a Whynter 251 using it for boxes with 4 x 320g at 65%RH Boveda and it works fine and dandy.  Drain hole plugged, no pooling or condensation issues.  Although I likely only have about 350 sticks in mine at the moment.  I haven't tried a CPU fan yet, but mine certainly seems to exhibit the whole humid air rises phenomenon.  Doesn't bother me too much as there's only a registered couple % difference between the top and bottom.

Hey Hollywood I’m about to order a whytner 251. I wanted to know the best way to season this device? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ??

Hey Hollywood I’m about to order a whytner 251. I wanted to know the best way to season this device? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Clean the inside real good with baking soda. Wipe down the shelves and drawers with distilled water. Put a sponge in a cup full of distilled water in the bottom of the humi. Place a calibrated hygrometer on one of the shelves. Wait anywhere from 3 - 14 days for your humidifier to stabilize at your desired RH. Insert cigars and boveda packs. Sit back, relax and marvel at how maintenance free your collection has become.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hollywood Ninja said:

Clean the inside real good with baking soda. Wipe down the shelves and drawers with distilled water. Put a sponge in a cup full of distilled water in the bottom of the humi. Place a calibrated hygrometer on one of the shelves. Wait anywhere from 3 - 14 days for your humidifier to stabilize at your desired RH. Insert cigars and boveda packs. Sit back, relax and marvel at how maintenance free your collection has become.

Thanks! Should I let the unit run while seasoning? I’ll send pics when finished