JLP Cazadores - good, bad, ugly?

Stump89

As summer nears in my neck of the woods, I'm looking into some decent cheap sticks for yard work and general screwing around outdoors.  I have a fair share of panatelas and am looking for something different. Never had anything JLP and I always like to try something different and the price seems right.

Are they worth it, or should I stick to my PLP/RGP?

I haven't had one but if you are curious I say roll the dice! They are very reasonably priced so if they are not your cup of tea it's not a big deal. Maybe get a few singles if they are readily available where you live.

Cheers!

I bought a box from FOH back in 2015 or so, and smoked about 5 of them out the box, gave a few away and just couldn't really get into them. Ended up selling the rest. I say save your Money and look at another offering of RyJ

I'd say you'll get a fair selection of good, bad and ugly in a box of JLP cazzies. More good than bad with a few years on them and the ugly ones usually fit into the good category. Best deal on them I had was in Spain a couple of years ago - cigar prices are fixed by the govt - €45 for a box and they were 90% good. Very strong but mostly pretty smooth, not a casual smoke but good if you're doing something where you can take the occasional break from it. Outdoor DIY works well!

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 11:40 PM, Stump89 said:

Never had anything JLP and I always like to try something different and the price seems right.

I think one of the most interesting things about JLP, is that you're getting tobacco from the Oriente region, which is a different expression of what cuban tobacco is like.  Some might say it's a much rougher expression, but I find JLP Cazadores to have a wonderfully honest tang, strength, earthiness.   It's was the cigar i smoked the most of in the late 90s, and I used to love opening up the yellow plastic bundles, the smell was so full and savoury.    

I haven't had one in a while, but if they're still the same, then they are extremely well priced, tasty punchy cigar

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 4:16 AM, nKostyan said:

BOT Abr 15
1b97950f52c628a8d9c64120dbd60915.jpg

So all things considered, most of the bundle I got looks like this. I'm pleasantly surprised. 

And yes, ROTT, kinda punchy, twangy, subtly sweet and strong. Truth be told, I paid about $40USD for the whole bundle and the value here is insanely good.

• Like 2