C&C for windy conditions

kevpro

As I cannot smoke in my apartment and do not have a balcony, I find the easiest time to fit in a cigar is when walking my pup to the park. The issue is that 20+ mph wind gusts are a regular occurrence coming off the lake and sometimes touch ups can even be difficult due to the lighter going out.

Obviously these aren't great conditions for smoking and even worse when it's below 40 degrees, but I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for vitolas or specific CCs that stand up well to wind. I would think a smaller ring gauge would be be best but I haven't tested this theory as everything in my humidor is 46 - 52. 

Thanks for your help!

6 minutes ago, kevpro said:

As I cannot smoke in my apartment and do not have a balcony, I find the easiest time to fit in a cigar is when walking my pup to the park. The issue is that 20+ mph wind gusts a a regular occurrence coming off the lake and sometimes touch ups can even be difficult due to the lighter going out.

Obviously these aren't great conditions for smoking and even worse when it's below 40 degrees, but I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for vitolas or specific CCs that stand up well to wind. I would think a smaller ring gauge would be be best but I haven't tested this theory as everything in my humidor is 46 - 52. 

Thanks for your help!

Try the R&J Petit Royales.   

Rich, short, fairly cheap, well made, bracing little smoke.      

42 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Minuto, do party short!

Thanks! I just ordered some H Upmann Coronas Minor on the Easter sale which will hopefully be a good size. I'll keep an eye out for shorts on 24:24 as I've heard a lot of good reviews.

38 minutes ago, 99call said:

Try the R&J Petit Royales.   

Rich, short, fairly cheap, well made, bracing little smoke.      

I hadn't heard of these. Would consider them similar to the Petit Churchills? 

1 minute ago, kevpro said:

I hadn't heard of these. Would consider them similar to the Petit Churchills? 

This of them as a hybrid between the Petit Churchills and the Cazadores.   they have the power and savoury aspect of the Cazadores, and touches of the classic R&J rosewater/cherries.     Definitely more of a savoury experience though.

Just now, 99call said:

This of them as a hybrid between the Petit Churchills and the Cazadores.   they have the power and savoury aspect of the Cazadores, and touches of the classic R&J rosewater/cherries.     Definitely more of a savoury experience though.

Sounds interesting. Looks like they come in 3 packs so I'll have to give them a try. 

• Like 1