Two Spanish cedar shelves properly seasoned

So here is the issue.

18c on the fridge read out

16-17 on the hygrometers

20-21 on the CO

The CO is kept at the bottom and is set to 68.8rh

One hygrometer top shelf -17c 75rh

One hygrometer middle shelf -16c 76rh

Fridge fan appears to running all the time.

Drain hole NOT plugged

Room temp 20-22c

At this time not cigars in it as I’m trying to season it before my trip to Cuba next week.

Can’t seem to get this thing to read the same temps and RH. Anyone have any clues idea or hints.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I’m disappointed with the that fact. More reading I The more I’m thinking the CO is the problem. Again it IS empty. So I have boveda in order. Will hold on to the CO for a later time or project

Anyone have this experience?

I have a 28 bottle NewAir as well. I only have three of the four drawers in it and one shelf. I unplugged it a couple years ago because temp isn’t really an issue for me. It stays between 68-70F depending on the season and the 62% Boveda keep it pretty steady at around 62% +- 1%. Once you get cigars in it and it’s not all empty space you should see it stabilize.

• Like 1

I have a 28 bottle NewAir as well. I only have three of the four drawers in it and one shelf. I unplugged it a couple years ago because temp isn’t really an issue for me. It stays between 68-70F depending on the season and the 62% Boveda keep it pretty steady at around 62% +- 1%. Once you get cigars in it and it’s not all empty space you should see it stabilize.

Thank you!!! How many packs are you currently using and what is your cigar count in there right now.

My newest idea is to buy a bundle of 50 of my favourite shops house brand. They are a great smoke and cheap enough for me to justify

The three drawers are full and the shelf has boxes on the top. I have around 6-8 Boveda packs spread throughout from top to bottom. I keep a hygro on the top and one in the bottom drawer. As far as how many cigars are in it? Not sure. Haven’t counted but there’s 8 boxes on top plus the tray that is full of random singles and the two bottom drawers are remnants of my NC’s that I still “enjoy” occasionally. If I had to guess, probably around 300-ish.
15075deb2d01fd798cfc40f4bcba3b66.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. The whole setup less all the cigars was actually a very generous and completely unexpected gift from some friends on another forum. I believe the gentleman who made the drawers has a website, wineador dot com. The Trinis are Reyes, a great little cigar. The RH/Temp/storage questions are common for those just getting into cigars. Cigars are definitely a learning experience and many here know way more than I. Search for some threads on storage, there are a ton of them. I would say the concensus is let any new stock acclimate to your storage for 60-90 days and try to shoot for lower 60’s RH and at least under 71-72F for Temp. What I do works for me and may not be the best way for someone else. I hope this information helps.

I agree. Been collecting and smoking for some time now. But the wineador is new to me.

I’m the kind of person that doesn’t like ripples in the pond. So I’m trying my best to stay positive this will work. All I can say is ..... it better.

I know of Forrest of wineadors.com. Great work. Very long wait time and shipping to Canada? Mmmm

There is a guy in the Niagra Falls area. Custom cigar storage on insta or FB

I agree. Been collecting and smoking for some time now. But the wineador is new to me.

I’m the kind of person that doesn’t like ripples in the pond. So I’m trying my best to stay positive this will work. All I can say is ..... it better.

I know of Forrest of wineadors.com. Great work. Very long wait time and shipping to Canada? Mmmm

There is a guy in the Niagra Falls area. Custom cigar storage on insta or FB

Forrest made my drawers. He definitely takes his time. Whether you are in the US or Canada it doesn’t matter. Once shipped, it came within the week via Fed Ex to Canada. Took him just over 12 weeks to make them and ship. I was in no hurry really.

• Like 1

Forrest made my drawers. He definitely takes his time. Whether you are in the US or Canada it doesn’t matter. Once shipped, it came within the week via Fed Ex to Canada. Took him just over 12 weeks to make them and ship. I was in no hurry really.

Nice! Pics?

Boveda, Boveda, Boveda.  I buy them by the 320g dozen. Steady as a rock, and I don’t stress at all.   My preference...but to each their own.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

Boveda, Boveda, Boveda.  I buy them by the 320g dozen. Steady as a rock, and I don’t stress at all.   My preference...but to each their own.  Good luck. 

They are in! They are in! They are in! Put them in this morning. Will be checking humidity when off work. Fingers crossed

• Haha 1

They are in! They are in! They are in! Put them in this morning. Will be checking humidity when off work. Fingers crossed

So Boveda went in yesterday. RH dropped about 4% to 74Rh.

Today I put in 50 gars. Checked the box about three hours later and it’s down to 72Rh.

Will update.

So Boveda went in yesterday. RH dropped about 4% to 74Rh.

Today I put in 50 gars. Checked the box about three hours later and it’s down to 72Rh.

Will update.

re: drawers you can also check out John at cigar-coolers dot com.

He only takes five commissions a month and can tell you exactly what month your order will be worked in (and it will be completed that month).  during that month he sends a weekly update on progress.

I find his communication is far better and the lead times are usually better than forrests (mainly because you actually know when your stuff is being worked)

i also think you need to stop watching daily.  check back in a week.  let everything acclimate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Take the cigar oasis out and your RH will settle and your cigars will smoke better. I would shoot for 64-66 at most. 

Not sure where you are but up here winters are very cold and that means house gets very dry with furnace on. Keep at 69-70rh keeps for a nice smoke.