CIGAR REVIEW: MONTECRISTO 1935 DUMAS

Thank you for the review - it sounds like a very nice cigar. I've a few thoughts, that I hope will be taken as purely for the sake of conversation...

Generally, if the intent is to celebrate the founding of the brand, I think the chosen sizes are a bit off, but I understand.

As for the Dumas itself, short prominentes makes sense, corona extra not as much. It's basically a robusto or hermosos No.4.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Thank you for the review - it sounds like a very nice cigar. I've a few thoughts, that I hope will be taken as purely for the sake of conversation...

Generally, if the intent is to celebrate the founding of the brand, I think the chosen sizes are a bit off, but I understand.

As for the Dumas itself, short prominentes makes sense, corona extra not as much. It's basically a robusto or hermosos No.4.

Yeah, I am surprised that it is also named after the author of the Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas. I think it should be categorised as Petit Double Corona but at the same time RyJ Petit Royales is considered as variation of Corona Extra like this cigar.

It is definitely nice cigar and great pace of change for Montecristo! Cannot wait to review Leyenda on May. ?

Just now, JohnS said:

You've nailed it there. The Dumas is certainly full of flavour!

Definitely more fuller than No. 4! I'm sure that Leyenda would be way better than this cigar! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

Definitely more fuller than No. 4! I'm sure that Leyenda would be way better than this cigar! 

You can certainly say that based on your preference/s in this marca. I prefer to think of them as just being different.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JohnS said:

You can certainly say that based on your preference/s in this marca. I prefer to think of them as just being different.

Thanks! Cannot wait to review Leyenda soon!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Picked up a box of these in Italy a few years back and have had one so far. Decent smoke at the time but curious to see how they fare now with a bit of age. Also curious at how it compares to the Leyendas/Maltas, but alas I only have the Dumas ?

• Like 1

Picked up a box of these in Italy a few years back and have had one so far. Decent smoke at the time but curious to see how they fare now with a bit of age. Also curious at how it compares to the Leyendas/Maltas, but alas I only have the Dumas 
Leyenda has fuller and more flavor notes with intensity than Dumas. Maltes is the only Monte 1935 cigars I've never had so far. I really prefer Leyenda's flavor profile over that of Dumas TBH. I really like to stockpile of Leyendas.

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RyanTheLucky said:
Compare please. Would you recommend buying a box ? Or a single cigar again sometime ? How does this compare to other Montes' ?

I'd recommend getting box of Leyenda instead of Dumas, since it isn't standout of Linea 1935 compare to Leyenda. Linea 1935 is stronger and bolder than other Montes IMHO. Try 6er if you want to try Dumas (same goes on Maltes and Leyenda).

• Like 2