FOH AUCTIONS DISCUSSION THREAD

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FoH = Marijuana 24:24 = Cocaine FoH Auctions = Crack ??

I will put up some of my stock tomorrow at no reserve.  You can always get lucky in the big city 

Do you really want to lose such a special, rare, hard to find box; when $10 or $20 more dollars will bring that baby home.  It's summer, the kids can go without shoes.

Placed my first bid - didn’t meet reserve default_sad.png

I don’t think there will be any bargains to be had.

there are never any bargains at auction - the best you can hope for is some decent old stock that you would like at a reasonable price which you are willing to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

We are online auction lovers. Fantastic job guys! The presentation and process is bang on.

If you check out Waddingtons here in Toronto for wines and spirits auctions, we read these like magazines.

Bravo!

CB

May I offer a strategy to win against snipers? I am an eBay bidding sniper and also a bidder to defend against them.

When you are ready, decide what the most you are prepared to pay for an item. Put it in. Others, even 1 second before can only bid against this. If they blow it away, it was not meant to be.

The amount does not go to the top, others bid against it.

Up until the end you can add to it, but this is how I have not bid my brains out.

My name on eBay is Thebidwatcher lol.

CB

• Like 3

Awesome work, can't wait to see some of the run-ins, ahem Monte Sublime :hungry:

It's amazing to see this find to fruition especially looking back to the LFTH days where you could hear the screaming and wine bottles being hurled around FoH HQ! Hopefully it's a much more laid back experience for the team

• Thanks 1

Site looks solid with no issues getting on and bidding for me.  How will we know when the boxes from our lockers are being pit up?  Will they get listed on our individual seller dashboard once posted?

10 minutes ago, Babalouie said:

Site looks solid with no issues getting on and bidding for me.  How will we know when the boxes from our lockers are being pit up?  Will they get listed on our individual seller dashboard once posted?

Hi Babalouie, 

In Phase 1 we would let you know when they are going up via email. As the ADMIN account is posting the box we get all seller-related dashboard content. 

3 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

May I offer a strategy to win against snipers? I am an eBay bidding sniper and also a bidder to defend against them.

When you are ready, decide what the most you are prepared to pay for an item. Put it in. Others, even 1 second before can only bid against this. If they blow it away, it was not meant to be.

The amount does not go to the top, others bid against it.

Up until the end you can add to it, but this is how I have not bid my brains out.

My name on eBay is Thebidwatcher lol.

CB

Ben can correct me, but I recall that the autobid function is for the next upgrade. And the bid timer gets pushed out if last minutes bids are put in. So if you get sniped, you still have an opportunity to up your bid.

22 minutes ago, topdiesel said:

Probably sounds stupid, but it's cool to me.

It is stupid, but it's cool to me too.  I did the same thing on a few.  Giggled outloud like a school girl.

I wonder if the prices will calm down a bit once the novelty wears off.  They wont but a man can dream.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Colt45 said:

The seems the simplest solution - any last minute / second bids add time to the clock.

This may be, but if you decide the max you are willing to pay, that is that.

“Take this pebble from my hand, grasshopper.” 

CB

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

“Take this pebble from my hand, grasshopper.” 

CB

But you know you can win with just one more bid....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

I wonder if the prices will calm down a bit once the novelty wears off.  They wont but a man can dream.

FOH Auctions will have plenty of 3 to 5 year regular production stock. Rested stock.  I see these going just a tick over regular retail. 

FOHAuctions will also throw out some jaw dropping boxes. I would be amazed if there were bargains to be had there :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Of course - that would be the ultimate in personal simplicity.

set your bid and walk away, let the chips fall where they may

How many of us won't sneak a peek? :)

Adding time might not eliminate sniping completely, but at least it lets potential snipers know it will take a little more work. And perhaps it makes it a little more like a hands on auction -

The bid is $1000 - do I have any others? Going once, going twice... I bid $1100. We have a bid of $1100 - do I have any other bids? Going once, going twice....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

FOH Auctions will have plenty of 3 to 5 year regular production stock. Rested stock.  I see these going just a tick over regular retail. 

FOHAuctions will also throw out some jaw dropping boxes. 

FOH Auctions is a brilliant idea and could prove to be one of the most used Cigar trading resources available on the web.  I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but how long ago was the seed planted for the concept and how long was it before serious development started after that?  The concept has been done by others, but most auctions exclude tobacco related products and users are limited by location.  Perhaps, some day @JohnS will do another interview series exploring the trials and tribulations and the journey to create the potentially legendary FOH Auctions.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Ben can correct me, but I recall that the autobid function is for the next upgrade. And the bid timer gets pushed out if last minutes bids are put in. So if you get sniped, you still have an opportunity to up your bid.

We're looking at autobid for the next upgrade :)

The seems the simplest solution - any last minute / second bids add time to the clock.

Commonly referred to as “popcorn auctions”. I really like that and it had always been a gripe of mine that eBay doesn’t offer it.
  • Like 1

Adding time at the end drives me nuts. Let it end by putting in your best bid and that will do it, no matter what happens.

The auction site here is like watching good cigar tv by the way?

Cheers and good luck to high bidders y’all!

CB