Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Congratulations to Ben and the team for the enormous amount of hard work they have put into this. 👍🍾🥂

Big Thanks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! & Thanks! Ben.. FOH team...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Placed my first bid - didn’t meet reserve default_sad.png

I don’t think there will be any bargains to be had.


there are never any bargains at auction - the best you can hope for is some decent old stock that you would like at a reasonable price which you are willing to pay


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are online auction lovers. Fantastic job guys! The presentation and process is bang on.

If you check out Waddingtons here in Toronto for wines and spirits auctions, we read these like magazines.

Bravo!

CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I offer a strategy to win against snipers? I am an eBay bidding sniper and also a bidder to defend against them.

When you are ready, decide what the most you are prepared to pay for an item. Put it in. Others, even 1 second before can only bid against this. If they blow it away, it was not meant to be.

The amount does not go to the top, others bid against it.

Up until the end you can add to it, but this is how I have not bid my brains out.

My name on eBay is Thebidwatcher lol.

CB

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Awesome work, can't wait to see some of the run-ins, ahem Monte Sublime :hungry:

  It's amazing to see this find to fruition especially looking back to the LFTH days where you could hear the screaming and wine bottles being hurled around FoH HQ! Hopefully it's a much more laid back experience for the team

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Site looks solid with no issues getting on and bidding for me.  How will we know when the boxes from our lockers are being pit up?  Will they get listed on our individual seller dashboard once posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Babalouie said:

Site looks solid with no issues getting on and bidding for me.  How will we know when the boxes from our lockers are being pit up?  Will they get listed on our individual seller dashboard once posted?

Hi Babalouie, 

In Phase 1 we would let you know when they are going up via email. As the ADMIN account is posting the box we get all seller-related dashboard content. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

placed bids on a couple of the first items, just to say I did. Part of history now.   Probably sounds stupid, but it's cool to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

May I offer a strategy to win against snipers? I am an eBay bidding sniper and also a bidder to defend against them.

When you are ready, decide what the most you are prepared to pay for an item. Put it in. Others, even 1 second before can only bid against this. If they blow it away, it was not meant to be.

The amount does not go to the top, others bid against it.

Up until the end you can add to it, but this is how I have not bid my brains out.

My name on eBay is Thebidwatcher lol.

CB

 

Ben can correct me, but I recall that the autobid function is for the next upgrade. And the bid timer gets pushed out if last minutes bids are put in. So if you get sniped, you still have an opportunity to up your bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, topdiesel said:

Probably sounds stupid, but it's cool to me.

It is stupid, but it's cool to me too.  I did the same thing on a few.  Giggled outloud like a school girl.

I wonder if the prices will calm down a bit once the novelty wears off.  They wont but a man can dream.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

And the bid timer gets pushed out if last minutes bids are put in.

The seems the simplest solution - any last minute / second bids add time to the clock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colt45 said:

The seems the simplest solution - any last minute / second bids add time to the clock.

This may be, but if you decide the max you are willing to pay, that is that.

“Take this pebble from my hand, grasshopper.” 

CB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

This may be, but if you decide the max you are willing to pay, that is that.

“Take this pebble from my hand, grasshopper.” 

CB

But you know you can win with just one more bid....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

I wonder if the prices will calm down a bit once the novelty wears off.  They wont but a man can dream.

 

FOH Auctions will have plenty of 3 to 5 year regular production stock. Rested stock.  I see these going just a tick over regular retail. 

FOHAuctions will also throw out some jaw dropping boxes. I would be amazed if there were bargains to be had there :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

This may be, but if you decide the max you are willing to pay, that is that.

Of course - that would be the ultimate in personal simplicity.

set your bid and walk away, let the chips fall where they may

How many of us won't sneak a peek? :)

Adding time might not eliminate sniping completely, but at least it lets potential snipers know it will take a little more work. And perhaps it makes it a little more like a hands on auction -

The bid is $1000 - do I have any others? Going once, going twice... I bid $1100. We have a bid of $1100 - do I have any other bids? Going once, going twice....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it.  Wish I had some money to spend this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

 

FOH Auctions will have plenty of 3 to 5 year regular production stock. Rested stock.  I see these going just a tick over regular retail. 

FOHAuctions will also throw out some jaw dropping boxes. 

FOH Auctions is a brilliant idea and could prove to be one of the most used Cigar trading resources available on the web.  I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but how long ago was the seed planted for the concept and how long was it before serious development started after that?  The concept has been done by others, but most auctions exclude tobacco related products and users are limited by location.  Perhaps, some day @JohnS will do another interview series exploring the trials and tribulations and the journey to create the potentially legendary FOH Auctions.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Ben can correct me, but I recall that the autobid function is for the next upgrade. And the bid timer gets pushed out if last minutes bids are put in. So if you get sniped, you still have an opportunity to up your bid.

We're looking at autobid for the next upgrade :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The seems the simplest solution - any last minute / second bids add time to the clock.

Commonly referred to as “popcorn auctions”. I really like that and it had always been a gripe of mine that eBay doesn’t offer it.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun to participate at the beginning, look forward to getting some rested regular production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding time at the end drives me nuts. Let it end by putting in your best bid and that will do it, no matter what happens.

The auction site here is like watching good cigar tv by the way🤓

Cheers and good luck to high bidders y’all!

CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.