Canada to introduce plain packaging November 9

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To put it simple,we are governed by morons and gutless idiots which are totally out of touch with reality

Governments should fear the populace! At best you get plain packaging. Let it go long enough, you get Venezuela! Vote tobacco! -the Pig

But they know what is best for you and the children......?

2 hours ago, TBird55 said:

But they know what is best for you and the children......?

That's what they think!Have you ever noticed that those which demonstrate are the same which create the problems in the first place

• Like 1

Does the New legalized weed come in the same plain packaging?   I could understand the logic behind cigarettes even though it’s ridiculous.  Cigars aren’t even the same market and shouldn’t even be paired to gather, especially CCs.  Kids aren’t dropping 30 bucks on a CC to cut it open and roll a blunt, that’s what the Phillies are for 

3 hours ago, kevpro said:

On a selfish note... will there be clearance sales this fall?

Really?  :unknown:

I will tell you how this pans out. 

People lose their jobs and their homes.  FFS. 

3 hours ago, CrownN7eveN said:

Definitely a crying shame.  But on the bright side, I rather see plain packaging, then those absolutely horrid warning labels, granted they no longer need to be applied due to the plain packaging...

Unfortunately your wrong. They get applied over the top of the plain packaging. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Really?  :unknown:

I will tell you how this pans out. 

People lose their jobs and their homes.  FFS. 

Definitely didn’t mean to be incentive to the B&M’s etc. who will be impacted but see how I was. 

How do you expect HSA to respond? Refuse to repackage? 

Definitely didn’t mean to be incentive to the B&M’s etc. who will be impacted but see how I was. 
How do you expect HSA to respond? Refuse to repackage? 

HSA has nothing to do with it. It will be up to the distributors in any affect country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And so the nannys that know better than us what is good for us notch up another victory.

Sad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Unfortunately your wrong. They get applied over the top of the plain packaging. 

That’s what I thought, the same as they started in Ireland. The plain brown packaging is applied over the regular packaging at the distributor level to fulfill the requirement, no?

9 minutes ago, La_Tigre said:

That’s what I thought, the same as they started in Ireland. The plain brown packaging is applied over the regular packaging at the distributor level to fulfill the requirement, no?

Not quite right. 

There is no regular packaging. it is turfed out. 

New Olive/green boxes are made. Bands are covered. It is all the responsibility of the distributor. 

You would think there would now be one  global central  facility? ....but of course not :rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Not quite right. 

New Olive/green boxes are made. Bands are covered. It is all the responsibility of the distributor. 

You would think there would now be one  global central  facility? ....but of course not :rolleyes:

It seems to me that policies like this actually would help the intended targets (big tobacco / cigarettes) while hurting everyone else including the consumer. 

If there’s no distinguishing brands from 20 feet away behind the gas station counter then everyone will ask for Marlboro / Camel because that’s the brands they know. 

I may be in the minority but high prices actually cause me to smoke more cigarettes too. If I buy a pack drunk I’d normally toss them in the morning but after paying $18 I don’t want to waste them. 

6 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Big tobacco was the one that encouraged plain packaging of cigars in oz.

They are dogs

That doesn’t surprise me. Ensuring a monopoly on the market while gaining good PR with most media for “helping people quit” the product they sell

This is sad. I had a great time hitting every shop in Calgary, where my sister lives, on my road trip last summer. Paid seriously but met some great shop keepers. It was a priceless experience. This sucks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Not quite right. 

?‍♂️ I should’ve read the act first. We were in Dublin last Fall when the shopkeeper was discussing the new law. They were being forced to put overwrap/bands to cover branding on boxes/tubos/singles.

It seems there can be plain, natural finish wood for primary packaging. ***Edit- Nevermind- that reads in regard to the INTERIOR finish of the primary packaging.... That will help for boxes, but the rest tolls of a complete cluster??? for importation. ***Edit- tolls of a complete cluster??? for importation in entirety.

7 hours ago, CrownN7eveN said:

Definitely a crying shame.  But on the bright side, I rather see plain packaging, then those absolutely horrid warning labels, granted they no longer need to be applied due to the plain packaging...

You sure about that? Plain packaging over here still requires that the warning labels be applied.