Cigar Surgeon

Canada to introduce plain packaging November 9

1 hour ago, Tollickd said:

Trust me you can’t reason with her I have tried best to leave her to her thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people only want to quote science when it fits their preformed opinion.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:35 PM, CubanConnoisseur said:

This is a sad day for the small business owners who will undoubtedly be put out of business because of this legislation. I’ve occasionally purchased cigars from Canadian stores despite the outrageous taxes. Going forward I will no longer be purchasing cigars in Canada as I do not wish to aid and abet erroneous plain-packaging (or taxation) schemes.

Following the government logic here plain-packaging laws should have already been applied to sugary, fatty and artificial foods (many of which directly market towards children with their current packaging), alcoholic beverages, sugary drinks, fast food, household chemicals, cellphones, cars, granny’s pie and every other consumer good that’s ever been accused of being bad for us.

Hell, I wouldn’t mind plain-packaging being applied to all the election campaign signs these lying skin sacks will be putting up in the fall. At least I know that kind of plain-packaging will be good for my health 😂.

I almost want to buy a few more cigars from my local B&M so that when the stats come out like they did in AUS there is an increase in sales. If there is a drop then the fat a$$es spout "see it is working"!

• Like 1

Have started saving my empty boxes. Will be happy to send them free of charge, to replace some of the boxes for you all. 

On a similar thread several months ago, someone suggested warning labels that were easily removed by the purchaser (like that gummy adhesive used to affix labels to appliances). Is this not an option or is there specific language in the law that disallows that?

7 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

On a similar thread several months ago, someone suggested warning labels that were easily removed by the purchaser (like that gummy adhesive used to affix labels to appliances). Is this not an option or is there specific language in the law that disallows that?

In Aus there is. The adhesive must be of a type that would damage the label or wrapper if removed.

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

In Aus there is. The adhesive must be of a type that would damage the label or wrapper if removed.

The fun police at work ruining it.......