Toy of the Week: Speakers

I haven't heard these Wilsons. They look impressive. Heard older models and they are no slouch.  May get a chance to visit Wilson if we decide to work together.

A lot of my work is aesthetic. In wall, hide this, hide that...Been doing more "real life" systems from another "W" company: Wisdom. Line source In Walls have been stellar . Also think the Steinway Line Source is impressive, but the Wisdom sounds better (IMO) and is a better value if you compare Line source. Steinway has some great point source systems. 

Forgot to mention Focal - they have had some of the best speakers I have heard, especially for the money.

I just need to find a spaceship to go with it.

A spaceship with incredible room treatment I might add. So many times I’ve seen great installs with no room treatment that nearly negates any positive benefits from higher end gear.

Yeah, unless you're born filthy rich, by the time you've acquired enough dosh to waste 850k on a set of speakers, you're probably well into the realm of kidding yourself that your hearing is still good enough to discern any advantage these can offer over say a $10k set. 

Still, I'm an audio fiend. Would love to audition a set! :yes:

Yeah, unless you're born filthy rich, by the time you've acquired enough dosh to waste 850k on a set of speakers, you're probably well into the realm of kidding yourself that your hearing is still good enough to discern any advantage these can offer over say a $10k set. 
Still, I'm an audio fiend. Would love to audition a set! :yes:

I imagine the dude who spends 850k on speakers probably spends 10k just for the cables!
  • Like 1

I'm still running a pair of Magnpelanar MG III"s that I picked up in the late 80's. They still surprise me.

Then again, it doesn't take much to surprise me. Like the bill for the amp tubes every 5 years or so.

Still, the speakers are just one component in the system. What the heck is the rest of the system supposed to look like to run $850k speakers?

I picked out the Magnepans with my eyes closed. I'd love to see a FOH blind test to rate speakers! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Still, the speakers are just one component in the system. What the heck is the rest of the system supposed to look like to run $850k speakers?

Probably driving them with an iPhone. 

Lol, the system and cables to run those will be hundreds more. 850k speakers are like a Bugatti. Status symbol and high performance. Room treatment is also needed as another member points out. There are many amazing audio options out there today that are under 50k that any person on the world could hear the difference and appreciate. 

Still want ant to hear those things!