WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #5

50/50 Poll #5  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apple. Because it’s fun to see half of you get sooo annoyed with my choice. 

Thanks for the congrats ladies and gents. But as this forum is about sharing the love for cigars I’ve decided to give somebody else the chance to enjoy these cigars (and I’ve honestly got enough

Since I'm being forced into this binary decision, I'm compelled to choose PC (because I'm a logical and rational human being). How would I prefer to answer?  

Apple

It's been a while but the problems I had with PCs disappeared with the switch to Apple. Now it's a Mac, iPad , Iphone, Watch, and cloud. If Apple is the blue pill, so be it. I'm blissfully ignorant of anything I could be missing and delight in the mostly closed seamless connectivity of the system.

I'll stick with my Samsung,  It does everything I need it to do and more. I'm not one to get caught up in all that iPhone hype! Hell my wife uses my phone to take pictures instead of her iPhone, becease mine takes better pics!

I've never been cursed with a Crapple computer, but watched both of my younger brothers deal with how "great" they are through out college, Both are PC users now. 

I was forced to use the iPhone 6 through 10 with my last company and realized they were all the same phone, with slightly different displays and Cameras. How they convince people to "upgrade" constantly is beyond me. Wait, I just remembered, they force your phone into obsolescence with constant software "upgrades":rotfl: Any $1,000 + phone that can't update the time zone automatically is a hard fail for me. Hard.

I just recently went back to Blackberry (Keyone) and I wish I had done it 5 or 6 years ago. Far superior in user experience, battery life, privacy options and I get a real Keyboard!!

I have all Apple products now and I’m not impressed. I thought the iPhone justified going Apple all the way but that was faulty logic. The new iPhones are not worth the money and I never use the desktop. I would go back to PC in a heartbeat. 

Android all day. Personally can't stand Apple products.  And I think the hype that precedes any of their new releases is totally unwarranted. Apples, as a fruit, are delicious though.  If you've never had a honeycrisp apple, get one.

Got my first MacBook Pro two years ago.

I want to throw that ******* thing against the wall on a daily basis: Broken keyboard (3rd fix!!). USB-C and a shameful battery life.

Never again!! It’s so bad, it actually convinced me to switch away from iOS when I get a new phone.

Apple/iOS all the way.

In my experiences, Windows is frustrating. Android is pretty good.

It seems one of the two brands works better for the individual;  I’ve chosen Apple, yet cite similar reasoning - frustration. I’m happy we can use what works better for each of us.

@MD Puffer I have not tried either sloppy joe mix - we used reduced spaghetti sauce and carmelized red onions, maybe a bit of cheese, not Velveeta though, we only that once! It was tasty, not sure why we didn’t have it more.

23 minutes ago, DeskSmkr said:

we used reduced spaghetti sauce and carmelized red onions, maybe a bit of cheese, not Velveeta though, we only that once! It was tasty, not sure why we didn’t have it more.

There’s a third option?!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

Since Spam is canned meat non grata, I'd like to know which sloppy joe mix most people prefer:

Hunt's

Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce, 24 oz

Or Del Monte?

Del Monte Regular Sloppy Joe Sauce, 15-Ounce (Pack of 12)

It's accepted that with either one will add two cups of cubed Velveeta cheese to the mix...

It's Del Monte all the way. Less sweet. Add a toasted bun and a thin slice of cheese for the ultimate dormitory delight!

I went with PC/Android. Although I have an Iphone (and wouldn't change it) I can't get on with a Macbook. I also think having a choice is good, so being stuck with only Apple wouldn't be ideal. 

I started on Android phones, switched to Apple about 6 years ago and never went back. Started on Windows PC, switched to Mac 5 years ago and never went back. Started on Google tablet, switched to iPad 4 years ago and never went back.

The switch was not my choice in any of the three, but once I got over the switching tension I was glad to have left the platform and made it to Apple. As I write this on my macbook, I can't remember the last time I booted this thing, it's honestly been over 10 weeks, and even then it was forced upon me by the company policy (they were pushing some software they want us to use). 

Now I also have Apple TV, but find the content too pricey. I have an Amazon Fire, but it's not 4K and my 65" TV has Amazon prime and Netflix built in, so I don't ever use the Apple TV or the Amazon Fire any more. 

For me, this is a no brainer. Apple has won my business.

Apple phones are just easier since everyone has them now. I could go either way as I liked my pixel 2 but was fine with taking a company iPhone for free. But to me a computer is only useful for the MS Office suite. I know that Macs have Office now, but it looks different and the hot keys are different. I honestly would consider quitting if my company switched to apple laptops. 

I don't have a personal laptop anymore, but again I'd prefer something like the Surface since it can still run real excel. 

I find modern versions of windows nigh on unusable, clunky, and their interfaces unintuitive. So Apple for the computer alone. I recently switched from android to iPhone though and have mixed feelings about the switch. Might have gone the way of the google pixel if I had to choose again, though the connectivity between phone and computer is nice.

Already all Apple in this house so a free upgrade across the board would be welcome! Especially since the kids hid my wife’s iPad and we’re coming up on 3 weeks without being able to find it..

This poll surprised me! I thought Apple would be in the minority, perhaps by some margin. Instead, a 65-55 result in Apple's favour! Great to read all the pros & cons as to why... Overall, a very interesting 50/50... :yes:

To the random winner of an El Pres sampler... that goes to @SokaKiel !!

Congrats! :party: (Please PM your details to @First Lady so Lise can dispatch your prize)

Thanks to all who participated! Stay tuned for the next 50/50, posting today. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

An interesting result, considering the statistics on global Android/PC vs iPhone/Mac usage. The majority of the world is still Android and PC dominated. Windows OS is slowly losing ground. iOS is also losing ground as other OS are coming on to the market.

1797874534_DesktopOSusage.JPG.cfe41f8a6081a87795d5ffb6950c2807.JPG

906958140_AndroidvsiPhone.JPG.a3ce5e08f4312ab03d8c7347de7bbbf7.JPG

1356293864_AndroidvsiPhoneNthAmerica.JPG.5ea150bcb02adfb34f063dd9de4c4a8d.JPG

1248383436_AndroidvsiPhoneEurope.JPG.8b43be03724a173edc98c637cc89c327.JPG

605724845_AndroidvsiPhoneChina.JPG.3e540e1372ebf850665f7c733a07ac4c.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

An interesting result, considering the statistics on global Android/PC vs iPhone/Mac usage. The majority of the world is still Android and PC dominated. Windows OS is slowly losing ground. iOS is also losing ground as other OS are coming on to the market.

1797874534_DesktopOSusage.JPG.cfe41f8a6081a87795d5ffb6950c2807.JPG

906958140_AndroidvsiPhone.JPG.a3ce5e08f4312ab03d8c7347de7bbbf7.JPG

1356293864_AndroidvsiPhoneNthAmerica.JPG.5ea150bcb02adfb34f063dd9de4c4a8d.JPG

1248383436_AndroidvsiPhoneEurope.JPG.8b43be03724a173edc98c637cc89c327.JPG

605724845_AndroidvsiPhoneChina.JPG.3e540e1372ebf850665f7c733a07ac4c.JPG

This iPhone usage is interesting. I always hear the Android sales / Revenue numbers and am confused b/c everyone has an iPhone but it appears the US market is an anomaly. 

I wonder how that compares to a 2003 chart w/ blackberry