FatherOfPugs

F#&$, Marry, Kill: The Whiskey Edition

Alright, so I'm copying this from @ElJavi76. Hope you don't mind. It's been really interesting reading over the responses to the F, M, K, of CCs. A cool idea! I thought I would put this out there for the whiskey edition! So, what whiskey would you F, M, and K?

F&¢✓: A whiskey you haven't had possibly, but would have a one night stand with. This means you might only get to try one serving neat, EVER! Maybe you have had your unicorn. What is it?

Kill : I don't wanna abuse $h!tty whiskeys that I've heard bad things about but haven't tried. What whiskey would you erase forever that you've actually tried but can't tolerate, or it does nothing for you? 

Marry : This is your sweetheart! You're go-to. The whiskey that cheers you up. The whiskey, that if all whiskeys disappeared forever you'd want by your side. The whiskey you hoard above all else.

Me:

F: Macallan 1926 Fine and Rare. I really enjoy Macallan and always have a bottle on hand (12 year double cask right now), this one, the 1926, give me just one serving of it neat!

K: Jack Daniels. Can't stand the crap.

M: Eagle Rare. Love me some Eagle Rare. When I see it on the shelf, I buy it, and as much as my wallet affords or they will allow me to. 

How about you?

• Like 3

I appreciate the nod @FatherOfPugs. I'm not enough of a whiskey drinker to chime in on this one. If you did a general spirits one I might be inclined. Rum and vodka I might opine on but don't drink enough whiskey.

I will say that it's sacrilege to most single malt guys but when I do indulge I drink more Johnny Walker than other stuff. I'll sit back and watch this thread develop tho. 

Cheers

• Like 1

F: double eagle very rare. Popped up in the VA lottery a few weeks back. $2000 bottle that is 20 years aged instead of 10 and comes in a crystal bottle with a sweet eagle cap.

K: I tried a TX branded whiskey and it was the worst I've ever had. I wouldn't give it away as that would be to cruel to do to someone.

M: tie between William larue Weller or George t stagg. So much flavor!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

803ac71646b808d938bb0f93efe56d18.jpge29baa98de609392bc80881a6c223199.jpg222fbdef55ed7f0d4dc0ba1689ac52d3.jpg74e133879a60a05f4f313ed29ac2077c.jpg

• Like 2

F: don’t know enough about whiskey to have a crazy high end want
K: Crater Lake Rye was pretty disgusting
M: Suntory Toki which I’m going to drink a bunch of tonight.

• Like 1

F: Ardbeg 1967 Kingsbury 29 Year Old Cask #922.. A mythical bottling, and one I very much doubt I'll ever get to try, not when it's going for £25K+ a bottle at auction 🙃

image.thumb.png.2b82eaf1000bd1812fbfbb92dc4bc007.png

K: Haig Club. By far the worst whisky I've ever had. Gifted by a relative at Christmas who'd heard I liked whisky.. bless 'em. It couldn't even stand up as mixer, made everything taste like it'd been soaked in damp cardboard and acetone. I'm not even against grain whisky, but this is utter :cowpoop:   .. That and it comes in a stupid perfume bottle.

image.png.441b332f082c9f8d91c146b0efeebf0f.png

M: Springbank 12 Cask Strength - released in batches, two times a year (Jan/Aug). Absolutely adore this stuff - dirty, oily, fruity... And it changes enough from batch to batch to keep things interesting... And it's very fairly priced. What more could you ask for?

image.thumb.png.16cfe0b10a27b24111346102b8cba942.png

• Like 2

F: Something absurd like one of the 52-year old single malts they write about in Robb Report that cost $25,000

K: the James Pepper 1776 rye finished in sherry casks I bought in South Carolina was gross

M: I love Glenmorangie 10 and Oban 14.  I could marry either one and be happy 

• Like 2

F: Sullivan's Cove

K: Johnny Walker red label

M: Yamazaki 18yo but I'd probably have Lagavulin16yo as a mistress.

• Like 1

F- Balvenie 50 YO Marriage 0962

K- I know I’m supposed to kill a whiskey, but I’d rather just kill tequila in its entirety. If held to a whiskey, I’d kill Chivas. 

M- Highland Park 18 

• Like 2

F - Probably the first year Stagg

K - Stranahan's is so vile I retch thinking about it. I tried it an in-store tasting and it ruined my night. No one else felt that strongly about it and maybe something was wrong with the cup I had but I am not going back to find out. 

M - EH Taylor barrel Proof from 2015. I have two bottles left and cant seem to source more but I love this whiskey more than any other. 

• Like 1

F - Bowmore 1961 

K- 1792 bourbon wretchedness in a bottle

M- Blanton’s

• Like 1