H Upmann Magnum 48 LE 2009 MOA OCT 09 (VVL)

Great review & I'm a fan as well. Wish I would have bought a couple more boxes back in the day at the going price.

• Thanks 1

Great review, thanks! I get what you mean with the guava shortbread cookie simile, back in 2015 I reviewed it as "...heavy on the woods in the first third and then giving up some fruity and dark, bitter chocolate notes later on". I'm not 100% sure but I think that might even have been the last time I reached for one. I've got half a box or so lying somewhere in the recesses and I forget that they're there most of the time.

Flavour wise they've been ok for the most part but as you very accurately say, it's that damn wrapper! Much more akin to a sun grown Nicaraguan leaf than anything else, I think, and extremely fire retardant! I was finding that the pleasurable aspects of the smoke were equalled, if not outweighed, by the fight I was having to engage in to maintain it.  Now that it's at the forefront of my consciousness again, it might be time for a revisit.

• Thanks 1

I have always had tight draws and burn issues with my box. I may try to dry box for a week to see if that helps. The flavors have always been sweet for me just wished the construction was a bit better.

Fantastic review and pictures as well. Really enjoyed the profile comparison to the guava shortbread, need to get hold of some of these for myself to try. I can totally assimilate to the nicotine hit that you mentioned it harder than normal on which you would believe to be a milder smoke to others. This has happened to myself on quite a few occasions also.

• Thanks 1