" Rob, I just smoke the rest of the cigar the next day".

Next day  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have also done this and also concur flavor changes and strength gets harsh ... at least for me. Typically I won’t smoke unless I have time to enjoy it. I do smoke cigarettes as well periodically and wouldn’t say b/c of this I enjoy bad flavors... good is good and bad is bad. 

If you’re going to do it, let the cigar go out then clip above the burn line. Re-light and purge a few times (blowing air through the cigar near flame). Done this before several times in a pinch when a cigar had to be put down. 

I’ll do it every once in a great while. Sometimes it good, sometimes not. It helps to get it going for a while before taking your first hit.

Many years back before I started smoking cigars a couple buddies and I would rent a cabin up in Wyoming for 3 weeks. One of the first things we’d do is go into Jackson hole and buy the longest, most expensive cigars we could find. The cabin we’d rent had a front porch with an old covered barrel on it. During the day we’d take day trips to Yellowstone, Jackson hole, the Tetons and anywhere else that was within striking distance. We’d get back in the evening and sit outside and have a couple of puffs on the cigars then put them down until the next night when we’d relight and have a few more puffs. The cigars would last us damn near the whole 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

If you are really enjoying the cigar and just don't have the time to finish it, I get why you would do this. 

Please follow the proper instructions as per Duxnutz post. 

However, I dont like this practise after gifting some cigars to a (ex) work colleague and lending my cigar caddy. 

He is a cig smoker and what happened was that he would constantly put out the cigar and put it back in my caddy. When the caddy came back, it stank.

I have to almost chemically clean the thing. 

Of course.  

Used to do it all the time in Florida. Hard to get away with in AZ....   Pretty much dust after a night at 8% rH.  

Yeah, it’s a bit harsh initially, but they mellow out.   These days I don’t often start with a cigar that requires a commitment akin to marriage to finish.   Also, smoking a whole Nicaraguan cigar would absolutely knock me out.  I can smoke a whole CC in one sitting without issue.  Not much need to the past 10-12 years. 

• Like 1

Tried it early on when I first started smoking. It was bitter/harsh & not to my liking. If you haven't tried it do so & come to your own conclusion. 

I’ve done it when I was new and buying singles. I think I had a 20 cigar desktop humidor. I thought I couldn’t afford to waste any. 

What I did that was a bit different is clipping the cigar while it was still burning. Then I’d blow out any smoke left in the cigar. There didn’t seem to be much of a difference to me but I didn’t know much either. 

I wouldn’t do it today but I think this may be something the FOH team can run an experiment on. 

I’ve done it on occasion (when timing was cut short) and find a few rules that apply

1. Purge before resting the cigar

2. Cut generously before relighting

3. Purge upon relighting

Most of the time you can continue to smoke with little consequence. When 1,2 and 3 are ineffective just toss it, life is too short. 

• Like 2

Right now I’m smoking. A Monte Media Corona. I bought it just because I need to have a short smoke w/o interruption. It’s a very good smoke ROTT. We need to be dressed for all occasions. I’ve smoked relit on occasion, but only after a couple of hours at the very most.

Never done it.  Closest thing to it is when I can't finish my cigar during some of my drives, many times I "hang" half smoked PCs on my front rim's spokes.  Most of the time after I get back after a quick hop into whichever store I was going to, the half smoked cigar ends up missing.  I just light up another and have a chuckle wondering who actually picks up used cigars from people's car rim.  Wish I had a hidden cam to record them "enjoying" the smoke. 

I would have worded the question differently: “Do you regularly relight and finish a cigar later or the next day?” I answered the question as a ‘Yes’ because I did it once. Tasted like burnt ass (don’t ask how I know) and I’ve never done it since. The cigar that is. When I am done, I am done and the cigar is compost or sacrificed to the fire pit. 

• Like 1